Fix: Unable to Send or Receive Bluetooth Data Between Laptop and Smartphone
Although Bluetooth is an old technology it has drastically improved over the years, and it’s present on both PCs and smartphones. Speaking of smartphones and Bluetooth, it seems that some users are having problems with sending and receiving Bluetooth data between their laptops and smartphones, so let’s see if we can fix this issue on Windows 10.
What to do if You’re Unable to Send or Receive Bluetooth Data Between Laptop and Smartphone
Before we start it’s good that you check your Bluetooth drivers. You can do so by going to the Device Manager and checking for Bluetooth drivers. If no Bluetooth drivers are available, or if they have an exclamation mark next to them you might need to download latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If your drivers are updated but the problem still persists check some of these solutions.
Solution 1 – Use fsquirt to transfer your files
Fsquirt is a small application that comes with Windows and it’s used for file transfer. To use this application just follow these instructions:
- Type fsquirt in the Search box and start the application.
- If you want to send files, just click Send files, choose your Bluetooth device and click Next to select which files you want to transfer.
- To receive files select Receive files option. You’ll get Waiting for a connection message and now you can send files from your device to your computer.
Solution 2 – Use Bluetooth icon in system tray
If you have Bluetooth drivers installed you probably have a Bluetooth icon in your system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Right click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray.
- Choose Send a File or Receive a File.
- Follow the steps to send or receive a file.
As you can see, sending files from your laptop to your smartphone over Bluetooth isn’t that hard, but before trying to send files make sure that your Bluetooth drivers are installed and working properly.
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]