Error files missing from job error in uTorrent [FIX]
- Sometimes, torrent seeding can be abruptly stopped, which is followed by the error that says Files Missing from Job. Please Recheck.
- You either moved files from the download folder, renamed the file, or the files were deleted. See how you can get through this from our guide below.
- If you want to learn more about uTorrent it's enough to go to our uTorrent section where you will find all that we wrote about it.
- The Complete guides on troubleshooting PC issues is a huge hub where we stored all of our solutions to each and every problem that the users signaled to us or over the web.
Peer-to-peer file transfer lies on stable grounds which implies that people who download a certain file, will share it with others.
And there’s a known, unspoken agreement between the internet compatriots. No one likes leechers and it’s quite important to seed in order to repay your debt.
Even though you won’t have any repercussions if you decide not to seed after the download ends.
Luckily, most users decide to spend extra mileage and increase the download speed for those who fancy downloading the same file. Kudos to them!
However, sometimes seeding can be abruptly stopped, which is followed by the error that says Files Missing from Job. Please Recheck.
It’s not hard to guess why this error appears in the first place. These are the likely scenarios that caused the error:
- You moved files from the download folder.
- You renamed files.
- Files are deleted.
If the uTorrent client is active, you won’t be able to do any of the above-mentioned operations, but if you closed it in the meanwhile, there’s a chance you were able to rename, delete or move files to another directory.
And, logically, if that’s the case, uTorrent can’t reach them and continue with seeding.
Because of that, make sure to transfer back all moved files, restore them from the Recycle Bin or restore the original name, in order for the client to recognize them and continue with seeding.
In addition, if the client is still unable to recognize them, right-click the troubled file under the uTorrent’s download list and click Force Re-check.
That should be enough to get you going. If you have any additional questions regarding the subject, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.