- If ExitLag is not working on your PC, it's likely a server-related issue, misconfigured settings, or the game may have blocked its use.
- To fix the error, enable ExitLag after you start playing the game, or try the other methods here.
- Also, do not hesitate to find out if you could get banned for using ExitLag.
ExitLag is software that improves the connection between a game and the Internet by making the necessary changes to it. However, several users have reported that ExitLag is not working on their computers.
Just like an effective VPN, ExitLag will re-route your connection, but unlike a VPN, ExitLag only modifies the connection between the game and its server, while the other applications or your Internet connection, in general, remains unaffected.
But, if you heavily rely on it, your gaming experience would be affected when ExitLag is not working. So, let’s find out all there’s to know.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Does ExitLag actually help?
After conducting thorough research, we were able to establish that ExitLag does help on a few games where there are connection-related issues. If the game servers are located far away from where you live, ExitLag may help reduce ping by 20-40 ms and lower the packet loss.
However, it only provides a stable connection. In case the problem lies elsewhere, for instance, slow PC performance, ExitLag won’t be of much help.
Also, here is a list of games where users reported that ExitLag is not working:
- ExitLag not working for Lost Ark: Players using ExitLag start receiving the Server Authentication Failed message, and are unable to play the game.
- ExitLag not working on Fortnite: Chances are that the ExitLag has either been blocked by the developers or your Internet speed is slow.
- The ExitLag tool is not working for Valorant: Improper connection or an app blocking it from working.
- ExitLag not working in Warzone: It’s generally misconfigured settings or problems with the connection behind the problem.
- ExitLag not working for CSGO: This happens when the ExitLag’s servers are down or there’s a heavy load.
Can I get banned for using ExitLag?
No major gaming platform bans players just for using ExitLag, but there’s a lack of clarity on it. There were many cases where users reported being banned, but there were several other policy violations involved as well.
Epic Games confirmed on Reddit that it doesn’t issue bans for using ExitLag. On the other hand, Amazon Games, in response to a query, said that it does not recommend players to use ExitLag as it may be flagged as a hacking software.
And, the Lost Ark went a step ahead and prevented players using ExitLag from accessing the game. This was recently reported, and the list of blocked software includes major VPNs as well.
So, if you already use ExitLag or were planning to start using it, make sure to read the game policies and the Terms of Service (ToS) agreement. Or, you can confirm with the game’s support team if they permit the use of ExitLag.
How do I get ExitLag to work?
1. Modify the ExitLag settings
- Launch ExitLag and navigate to the Tools tab from the top.
- Now, make sure that the Accuracy in route optimization slider is towards the extreme right, i.e., set to High.
- Next, click on the Protocol to analyze routes dropdown menu, and select UDP/TCP SYN from the list of options.
After making the changes, run the game you earlier had problems with, and check if things have improved. Oftentimes, when the settings are misconfigured, there might be no connection through ExitLag, thus giving the impression that it is not working.
2. Enable ExitLag after starting the game
- Close the game that’s not working too well, go to ExitLag, and click on the toggle near the top-left to disable it.
- Now, start the game once again, head to ExitLag, and enable the same toggle.
Some games detect tools like ExitLag when you launch them and may throw connection errors right away. In this case, enabling ExitLag after you start playing the game will get things working, and you should not face trouble anymore. This might also work if ExitLag is not working for Steam.
3. Add an exception for ExitLag in Firewall
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Control Panel in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Click on System and Security from the options here.
- Next, click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall under the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Now, click on Allow another app at the bottom.
- Click Browse in the Add an app window that appears.
- Navigate to the location where the ExitLag launcher is stored, select it, and click on Open.
- Next, click on Add.
- Finally, click on OK to save the changes.
Once done, restart the computer, and ExitLag should now work fine. In many cases, it was the Windows Firewall that that prevented ExitLag from modifying the connection parameters and, as a result, it was not working. Adding an exception for the app here would do the trick.
What do I do if ExitLag is not detecting a game?
If ExitLag is not detecting a game, try restarting both the tool and the game you are having trouble with, and check if it works. Generally, it’s a trivial issue or a conflicting process behind this.
Though highly unlikely, there’s also a chance that the game you are playing is not yet added to ExitLag. In which case, you should contact the ExitLag team, so that they can analyze the game, and add it to the platform.
These are all the ways you can fix issues that lead to ExitLag not working on the computer. And, once the problem is resolved, start playing your favorite games again without any lag.
Also, find out the best game booster software, and try these if ExitLag doesn’t deliver optimal results.
If you have any other queries or know of a method that’s not listed here, drop a comment below.