F.lux is a cross-platform program that is used for adjusting your display’s color temperature, but many users reported that F.lux is not working on their PC.
The main feature of the software is the reduction of eye strain for the user, especially when you’re on your machine at night. As you can see, this software is incredibly useful, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it.
I’ve noticed f.lux isn’t working on later versions. It is a predecessor to built in Night Light but with a feature to turn down brightness which really is the point for me. Any solutions?
What to do if F.lux isn’t working?
1. Turn off Windows Night light
- From your Start Menu select Settings.
- Now head on over to System and click on Display.
- Select Night light settings, and in the Schedule area you can set custom hours or turn in off.
2. Update your graphics card drivers
- Visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model.
- Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers.
3. Upgrade your DirectX
- Make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed.
- If you’re using DirectX 9 on your PC, you’ll have to upgrade to DirectX 10 in order to use F.lux.
4. Switch to a Display Port
- If you have the ability to switch to Display Port, please do so.
- Just connect your monitor to the Display Port and check if the issue is still there.
5. Run a malware scan
- Perform a full system scan and remove any malware.
- In case you don’t have a good antivirus, we strongly suggest to try out Bitdefender.
These are just a couple of solutions that you can try if F.lux isn’t working on your PC. Feel free to try them all and let us know in the comments section which solution worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Chrome automatically changes between dark and light mode on PC
- Laptop battery drains after Sleep Mode? Here’s what to do
- Fix IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe high CPU usage [EXPERT TIPS]