Fix Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign freezes at intro
If you’re a fan of intergalactic battles, then you’ll definitely love Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The game is now out, but it appears that playing it is not an easy task due to various technical issues.
There are many bugs affecting Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gamers. For the time being, there are very few workarounds available for specific bugs, but you can use these general solutions if you encounter any issues while playing the game.
Speaking of issues, many players report having issues with campaign freezing at intro to “Back in the Fight”.
I’ve been playing through the IW campaign and everything’s been going great up until this point. I just started the mission “Back in the Fight”, get to the end of the Kit Harrington video propaganda and my game freezes. The hum of the ship is on a skipping loop and the game is completely frozen (no moving volumetric fog, etc). I’ve tried the following solutions by CTRL+ALT+DELing out of the game and reloading without any luck.
How to fix Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign freezes at intro
- Close the game
- Right click on CoD:IW > Properties > Updates > Uncheck Enable Steam Cloud Storage
- Once unchecked, go to Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files
- Go to ‘players2’ folder
- Rename savegame.svg to savegame.svg.old
- Restart the game and select the mission and difficulty
- Tab out of the game and recheck Enable Steam Cloud Storage.
This workaround should fix game freeze issues. If the issues still persist, we also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to scan and fix various PC problems, such as corrupted or missing files, malware and hardware failure.
If you’ve come across other workarounds for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Call of Duty 3 now playable on Xbox One
- NVIDIA updates its GeForce drivers with support for Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, Obduction
- Battlefield 1 issues: low FPS rate, DirectX errors, game freezes and more
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]