If you have got to the point where you cannot use your Windows operating system anymore due to blue screen errors then having or creating an installation media for Windows 8.1 might come in handy. There are some tips on how to make the installation media on Windows 8.1 work and seeing that some Windows 8.1 users are having issues with it you can see below in a tutorial how you can make a proper installation media.
For creating an installation media you need to have the Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating systems because if you have any other version of Windows it will not work correctly. Also if you are creating an installation media the PC you are creating it from and the PC you are installing the media on has to have the same 32 bit system or the 64 bit system. So basically if you have created an installation media from a 32 bit system and you try to install it on a 64 bit system it will not work.
Steps on how to fix installation media on Windows 8.1
For creating installation media you will need:
Windows Product key that you can find on the CD or DVD or you can just get it from the official windows website where you bought it from.
Depending on where you want to copy the installation media you will need either a USB drive, external hard drive or a CD or DVD.
Now follow the steps below to create installation media on Windows 8.1:
- Left click on the link below to copy the Windows 8.1 Setup package
Download Windows 8.1 setup package here
- Left click on the button “Save file” after you clicked on the link above and save it to your desktop.
- Go to your desktop where you saved the file and double click (left click) on it.
- Choose to run it from the options presented.
- After you run the file you will get another window where you will have to type in the product key of your Windows 8.1.
- A window will pop up after you typed the product key and you have to left click on the option “Install by creating media”.
- Left click on “Next” after you chose the feature above.
- You can plug in the USB, external hard drive or DVD and start the installation.
After you clicked on “Next” you will have to choose the storage device where you want to copy the installation media for Windows 8.1
Note: Anything you have on the storage device will be deleted so be sure it is blank when you insert it and select the installation media.
So you have above how to properly use the installation media thus preventing any issues you might have during the process in Windows 8.1. For any questions write us below in the comments section of the page and we will see how to help you further.