Dawn of War III is the biggest Warhammer 40K installment ever. According to Sega, this game is actually a combination of the best parts from both previous Dawn of War titles.
As a matter of fact, Dawn of War III already had tens of thousands of players in the first hours following the official launch, and this fact alone confirms that the game is worth giving a shot.
At the same time, players also report that Dawn of War 3 is affected by few issues that may occasionally limit the gaming experience. The good news is that the game’s devs have already published a series of workarounds that you can use to fix common Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III issues.
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III workarounds
1. The game says “pre-load” instead of “play”
If you’re experiencing this issue, simply restart Steam and this should fix the problem.
2. Players got kicked from a multiplayer lobby
The only solution is to simply restart the client and rejoin the group.
3. There is no game audio
Make sure that there are no remote desktop apps redirecting the game audio elsewhere.
4. Server connection issues
- Check if your firewall or antivirus program is blocking RelicDoW3.exe
- Whitelist the 22.214.171.124 IP address
- Open the 443, 27017-27030 and 50000-50010 TCP ports
5. Warhammer 40K crashes
- Close other programs that are running.
- Set your virtual memory settings to default: go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual memory > Change > check “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives“.
- Update your graphics drivers. Click the following links to install the latest graphics drivers on you computer: NVIDIA drivers, AMD drivers, Intel drivers.
- Force RelicDOW3.exe to use the dedicated GPU.
- Disable any screen/video capture software that may be running, including the Game DVR. As a quick reminder, many players reported game crashes after upgrading to the Creators Update. The OS enables Game DVR by default causing game crashes. Many players confirmed that disabling it solves the problem.
If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix various Dawn of War III issues, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: