How do I fix frequent Hulu bugs on Xbox One?
- General troubleshooting
- Check your subscription
- Check your password
- Check your email address
- Test your network connection on your Xbox console
- Reinstall Hulu app
- Check Language and Location settings
- Clear System cache
- Delete saved data
- Update Hulu
- Check the error and find its fix
Are you experiencing Hulu issues on Xbox One? In this guide, we’ll list a series of solutions to help you fix this issue.
Hulu is a media streaming service that offers its audiences a decent range of live and on-demand videos that can be viewed on different devices, including the Xbox One.
Using Xbox One, you can stream media content using the Hulu app, though a number of users have reported that they’re facing Hulu issues on Xbox One, preventing them from enjoying the content.
These issues are known to arise from various reasons, including a poor internet connection. Hulu app streams videos so you can expect some buffering and shuttering while loading the content, and in most cases, it is normal for the connectivity to behave this way.
With this in mind, we sought to find solutions to help you fix Hulu issues so you can troubleshoot the error on your own, and enjoy watching Hulu content.
How to fix Hulu issues on Xbox One
1. General troubleshooting
If you’re experiencing Hulu issues on Xbox One, here are some quick first things you can try before using any of the solutions that follow.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Perform a speed test on your connection. Once complete, compare the results of the same against the Hulu requirements for internet speed and connectivity. If they exceed the requirements, do the following:
- Power down and unplug your Hulu device, modem and router for one minute
- Power the three back on
- Connect your device directly to your router using Ethernet cable
- Disconnect other devices from your network
- Check your router settings and configuration to improve the network strength
- Contact your ISP for further assistance
- Reduce the devices using your network connection as these reduce internet speeds. For optimal streaming, ensure only a limited number of devices are using your WiFi, to boost up the speeds. Hulu requires 1.5 Mbps to stream SD videos and 3.0 Mbps for HD videos respectively.
Note: Hulu streams video in different ranges of picture quality adjustable according to your internet speed. Ensure your connection can achieve sustained download speeds of 3.0 Mbps for Hulu on-demand, and 8.0 Mbps for Hulu with Live TV. Watching multiple videos (or using the internet for other activities such as gaming, etc.) may require additional bandwidth.
2. Check your subscription
Are you able to log in to your Hulu account? If you can, are you able to watch videos or log in another device? If any of these are true for you, do the following to resolve it:
- Go to your Account page and check your billing status
- Update your billing information as required and try using Hulu again
3. Check your password
Sometimes Hulu issues on Xbox One could be due to your password, thus you may not log in easily. In this case, reset your password.
4. Check your email address
If your email address has issues, check if your Hulu account is registered to a different email address and try to sign in again. If this doesn’t help, try and recover your email.
5. Test your network connection on your Xbox console
If you still have Hulu issues on Xbox One after trying the general troubleshooting, test the connection directly on your console using the built-in network connection test. This helps identify any wireless interference and other network issues specific to your device.
To do this:
- Go to the home screen on your Xbox One
- Select Settings
- Click Network
- Click Detailed Network Statistics
- Check if the results match that of the speed test you did earlier, and the speed requirements for Hulu.
6. Reinstall Hulu app
To do this:
- Log out of Hulu from the app
- Highlight the Hulu app tile
- Press Menu on your Xbox One controller
- Select Manage App
- Select Internal
- Go to Uninstall
- Go to the right and select Hulu to reinstall the app
7. Check Language and Location settings
Ensure these are set to the U.S. by going to the main menu, select Settings>System>Location
8. Clear System cache
- Turn off your Xbox One
- Once the indicator lights are off on the console and its power brick is off, unplug the power brick from the console
- Wait a few seconds, at least 30 or so
- Plug back the power brick to your console and power it on
9. Delete saved data
This is a permanent step and you cannot undo it so back up your saved data to a USB storage or online (cloud) storage before deleting the data.
To do this:
- Go to Xbox Home
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Select Storage
- Select Manage storage
- Select View contents
- Highlight a game, press the Menu button
- Select Manage game
- Select Saved data
- Choose a game to access it’s saved data
- Use Options Menuto delete files or get more information about a specific file
10. Update Hulu
If Hulu app is outdated, you can get Hulu issues on Xbox One, thus you need to update it right away. Visit Microsoft Store and download the update.
11. Check the error and find its fix
Hulu issues on Xbox One can come in different error codes as described below:
- Error code 3343, 3322, 3307, 2203, and 3321 – for these, the fix is to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app and clear caches.
Were you able to fix Hulu issues on Xbox One using these solutions? Let us know what worked for you in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best VPNs for live TNT streaming [2018 List]
- 5 software to avoid buffering so that streaming never gets interrupted