- Hulu is a subscription streaming service in the United States that is majority-owned by The Walt Disney Company, with Comcast's NBCUniversal holding a minority stake.
- Xbox One supports a variety of apps, including Hulu, which can stream 75+ channels without cable though Hulu Xbox not working is a problem faced by several users.
- Fortunately, you can fix this error on your own without any problems or without seeking assistance from third parties.
Hulu is a subscription streaming service in the United States that is majority-owned by The Walt Disney Company, with Comcast’s NBCUniversal holding a minority stake. People prefer the Xbox One gaming console to play their favorite games.
Aside from that, it allows you to install apps that allow you to watch on-demand and live television. For live TV channels, Xbox One supports a variety of apps, including Hulu, which can stream 75+ channels without cable though Hulu Xbox not working is a problem faced by several users.
If you enjoy watching movies and TV shows on demand, Hulu is a must-have app for your home entertainment system. They provide a good selection of films and other titles from various producers, as well as the ability to watch live TV on the go.
However, it can be infuriating if you download their app on your Xbox and discover that it does not work. In this article, you will find ways to fix that problem.
Does Hulu work on Xbox one?
As discussed above, Hulu works on Xbox one. To watch Hulu on Xbox One, you must first download the most recent Hulu app. You will then head to the Xbox One Store and enter Hulu into the Search Bar. Choose the Hulu app from the search results then follow the installation instructions exactly as highlighted.
At times Hulu has problems working on Xbox one. Typically, server-related and connection issues are to blame for Hulu not working on Xbox consoles. It’s also possible that your device isn’t working properly, or that your network connection is unstable or slow.
How do I fix Hulu if it’s not working on my Xbox?
1. Restart your Xbox
- Find access to your console’s Power Center by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Choose the Restart Console option.
- Finally, highlight Restart and press the A Button on your controller.
2. Reinstall the Hulu app
- First, select the Hulu app from the main menu by using your controller.
- Press the Menu Button on your controller and choose Manage App.
- Click on Internal and then on Uninstall.
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your Xbox and Reinstall the app.
3. Update your device
- Press the Xbox button on your controller, and select Profile & System.
- Go to System, select Settings, and then Updates. Follow on-screen instructions to update.
4. Check your account status
- Go to your Account Settings page on your app and select Manage Plan.
- Update your billing information if your subscription has expired, and try using Hulu again to see if the problem has been resolved.
5. Check your location and language settings
- Navigate to your console’s main menu and select Settings.
- Go to System, then Langauge and Location, and change your location to the United States.
- After that, restart your console and return to the Hulu app to see if the problem has been resolved.
6. Check your internet connection
- Go to Fast.com and use it to run a speed test to determine the upload and download bandwidth of your internet connection.
- If your connection speed falls below the minimum bandwidth requirement, we recommend upgrading your current plan to avoid future issues.
- Restart your device if the test results show that your network is not reaching the speeds specified in your plan.
7. Check Hulu’s servers
- Use third-party sites like Downdetecor to see the current status of Hulu’s servers as well as previous issues.
- If the servers are down, the only thing you can do for the time being is to wait until Hulu’s team resolves the problem.
- If there are no reported outages on Hulu use the previously mentioned solutions.
Do you need Xbox Live to use Hulu?
To use Hulu, you must be logged into Xbox Live. However, you do not need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to watch Hulu on your device. Xbox live account is at the silver level and is free while Xbox Live Gold is paid.
Hulu is one of the best and most popular subscription apps in the world today. It would be frustrating if you were not able to enjoy its services especially when you had an upcoming show that you wanted to watch.
Fortunately, as you can see above, you can easily fix the problem with the Hulu app not working on your Xbox. Please leave a comment below with your questions and concerns, and we will do our best to assist you. In addition, let us know about any other solutions that might not be discussed in this article.