- msvcr110.dll not found in Windows 10? If so, you won't be able to run any app built using Visual Studio 2012.
- A quick workaround is to have your OS updated, but more troubleshooting may be required.
- Since MSVCR110 is a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll, you might want to consider reinstalling this package and solve other performance issues while you're at it.
- Malicious software can just as well be responsible for the msvcr DLL missing in Windows 10 - the right AV tools can make the difference.
MSVCR110.dll is a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable DLL, as suggested by its name. This DLL file is needed to run any app built using Visual Studio 2011/2012.
If this file is missing, Windows will returns this error: The Program can’t start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
While the most tempting solution may be to simply download the DLL file, you need to be careful as to where you download it from.
Also, this might not necessarily resolve the msvcr110.dll not found in Windows 10 issue. But our fixes below will definitely make do.
How do I fix Msvcr110.dll errors on Windows 10?
- Run a third-party DLL fixer
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012
- Download and install msvcr110.dll
- Restore msvcr110.dll from the Recycle Bin.
- Reinstall the program that’s producing the msvcr110.dll error
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes
1. Run a third-party DLL fixer
There are plenty of third-party programs out there that promise to fix or replace missing or broken DLLs.
While most of them stay true to their word, some are better equipped than others to help you fix the msvcr110.dll not found in Windows 10 issue.
However, if you are to choose just one, then there’s no way you can go wrong with Restoro.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio and click Uninstall on the top of the window.
- Now go to this link and download the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio.
- Once the download is complete open the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
This will almost certainly resolve the error. The fresh installation will replace/restore the latest copy of msvcr110.dll. If this doesn’t solve your problem, move on to the next solution.
3. Download and install msvcr110.dll
- Download and install msvcr110.dll by opening this link.
- Then scroll down to the list of versions, and download the one specific to your operating system.
- Once the download is complete, extract the file by right-clicking on msvcr110.dll and click copy.
- Now navigate to the System32 folder of your computer (Local Disk>Windows>System32) and paste the file there.
- Now navigate to the SysWOW64 folder (Local Disk>Windows>SysWOW64) and paste msvcr110.dll there as well.
- Now try running the program.
Hopefully, this will have resolved the issue. If not proceed with the following solution.
4. Restore msvcr110.dll from the Recycle Bin
The most common reason behind the msvcr DLL missing in Windows 10 error is when the user accidentally deletes the file.
Unless you have emptied the recycle bin recently, there’s a good chance the file is still saved there.
Simply open the Recycle Bin and locate the msvcr110.dll file. Right-click on it and click Restore. This should resolve your issue.
5. Reinstall the program that’s producing the msvcr110.dll error
If the msvcr110.dll error shows up every time you use a particular program, try reinstalling that program.
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Select the program and click uninstall. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
6. Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
- Go to Start, type defender, and double click Windows Defender to launch the tool
- In the left-hand pane, select the shield icon
- In the new window, click the Advanced scan option
- Check the Full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Of course, you can also use (and we do recommend this option) an anti-virus software of your choosing. Hopefully, this will identify the culprit and fix your problem.
So, just to be sure that there isn’t any malware on your system that is causing the msvcr110.dll error, run a quick scan of your system. Malware is often responsible for deleting DLL files.
7. Use System Restore to undo recent system changes
- Click on Start and type System Restore on the search box.
- Select System Restore from the search results.
- On the newly opened window, follow the on-screen instructions.
The system restores process will now start. Once the process is complete, restart your computer. This will most likely fix this error.
So, if all else fails, try using system restore to restore your computer to a state from an earlier date. A recent update or a system change could be a reason behind the missing msvcr110.dll file.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common DLL is a part of the Bing Panel program developed by Microsoft. A missing common. dll will generate various kinds of errors whenever you start an app/game.
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library. A .dll file contains a library of functions and other information that can be accessed by a Windows program.
The most common causes are overwriting, deletion, faulty hardware, corrupt registry, and malware infestation. Here’s how to fix any DLL errors in Windows 10.