How to fix Internet Explorer 11 res://aaResources.dll/104 error
Microsoft introduced the Edge browser quite some time ago, but some users still prefer Internet Explorer because of its features and various settings /customizations. So, fixing problems reported by IE 11 (the latest build of Internet Explorer) is not an option if we want to use a stable, smooth and secured web browsing experience. In that matter, since you are reading these guidelines, you might be looking for the perfect res://aaResources.dll/104 error fix. If you are, check all the troubleshooting steps from below.
Res://aaResources.dll/104 is a network error that occurs on Internet Explorer 11. This error is also coming with the ‘page cannot be displayed’ message and will prevent you from accessing certain web pages. Therefore, you need to fix the issue for being able to properly use your favorite Windows 10 browser and here is how you can do that.
Internet Explorer 11 res://aaResources.dll/104 error fix
The aaResources.dll is a file associated with the Amazon client for Windows 10. Therefore, the Amazon Assistant is responsible for this particular IE malfunction. So, for fixing the issue you will have to uninstall this add-on from your browser, which can be achieved by following:
- Open IE on your Windows 10 system.
- Click on the Settings icon, located in the top right corner of the main window.
- From the list that opens choose Manage add-ons.
- Click on the Amazon plugin and disable it.
If the steps from above aren’t resolving the problem, try to uninstall the Amazon Assistant from your computer:
- Access Control Panel – press Win+R hotkeys and in the Run box enter Control Panel.
- Click Ok when done.
- From Control Panel click on Programs – first, switch to Category.
- Now, search for the Amazon Assistant enter and choose to remove / uninstall this program.
If you cannot find or uninstall this program, try to apply the steps from above from Safe Mode; to reboot in safe mode:
- Access the Run box – as already mentioned above.
- There this time enter msconfig and press Enter.
- From System Configuration switch to the Boot tab.
- Under Boot, choose Safe Boot.
- Apply all changes and close the window.
- Restart your Windows 10 system.
- Retry the Amazon Assistant uninstall process.
If entering Safe Mode isn’t helpful, try to complete this process from Windows clean boot – you can perform a clean boot in Windows 10 by:
- Enter msconfig again.
- Switch to Services from System Configuration.
- From there click on Hide all Microsoft services.
- Afterwards click on Disable all.
- Switch to Startup tab click on Open Task Manager.
- In Task Manager switch to Startup tab.
- From there, select each startup item and disable it.
- Close this window and restart your Windows 10 device.
- Try to uninstall the Amazon Assistant app now.
That’s it. Now Internet Explorer should run without further problems on your Windows 10 device. In case you are still experience the res://aaResources.dll/104 error try to scan for corrupted files or directories on your computer.
You can complete this troubleshooting method by running the sfc / scannow command within an elevated command prompt – right click on the Start icon and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
Feel free to tell us how this fix worked for you. Don’t forget, we are always here to assist you through different troubleshooting processes, so ask for help if you need it.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Blank page when printing from Internet Explorer [FIX]
- Fix: Internet Explorer Tabs Freeze or Open Slowly
- How to fix ‘This website might not be trusted by your browser’ error
When using free resources such as software and online services to manage and edit video clips, you are not always free to work as you […]
WordPerfect is a popular word processing software, but many users reported that Wordperfect is not working on their PC. However, there’s a way to fix […]
A number of users have issues on Windows 10 because browser software did not support output device selection. This means that all your open software […]