- Microsoft Windows 10 is a complicated operating system, in spite of the fact that you’ve grown comfortable to use it daily.
- If you've tried to activate Windows 10 to no avail, be sure that you’re not the only one facing activation errors.
- You need to take a leap of faith when getting the Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008 and start applying the steps detailed below. Phone activation and Windows Activation Troubleshooter are two viable solutions to try out next.
- When facing similar issues, check out this hub of accurate fixes for the most common Windows 10 errors.
Did you have any hardware issues recently? For example, if your hard drive crashed for any kind of reasons you will install the Windows 10 operating system again on a new hard drive you buy.
Unfortunately, after you are asked to enter your product key during the installation in the Windows 10 system you might end up with the Activation Error Code 0xC004C008.
The error code usually appears when you install the Windows product a specific number of times. The Windows 10 license can only be installed on a single device.
So, if your device crashes and you buy a new one or just change a hardware component you might need a new product activation code.
Luckily for us, there is a very easy fix to this issue and you will find out more by reading the lines below.
How can I fix Activation Error Code 0xC004C008?
1. Try phone activation
- Press and hold the button Windows and the button R to open the Run window.
Note: Another way to open the run Windows is from within the start menu of theWindows 10 system.
- Write in the Run window the following command: SLUI 4.
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- You will now have a Phone Activation window in front of you.
- In the window, you will need to choose the country from which you registered.
- Call the activation number after you chose the country.
- After you dialed you should be asked to write your Installation ID.
Note: type the installation ID in your phone.
- After you typed the installation ID it will ask you how many copies of Windows have been installed with this license and you should choose 1. If you choose any other option it will not work.
Note: The option 1 you chose means that you only used it once.
- After you did the steps above you should get a confirmation ID and then you are set to go with a workable product key.
2. Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key + I to open Windows Settings.
- Scroll down, find the Update&Security tab , and open it.
- Open Activation tab.
- Click the Troubleshoot feature and wait until it finishes.
- See if the problem still persists.
Some users reported that they fixed this issue by using the troubleshoot option from the Activation options window. While this is not the fix for every user, this is a simple manipulation that you can try and which may fox your problem.
Before trying out this solution, sign in as Administrator. After you have signed in as an Administrator, here’s what you have to do.
3. Contact Microsoft
If the options posted above made no difference you can always call directly Microsoft office by dialing the number 18009365700 and explain what error message you get in your Windows 10 operating system.
They will most likely resolve it over the phone and you can go on with your installation of Windows 10.
Please write us below any other thoughts on the Activation Error Code 0xC004C008 and we will help you further in the quest of installing Windows 10 into your device.
FAQ: Learn more about Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008
- How do I fix error 0xc004c008?
Phone activation and using the Windows Activation Troubleshooter are both quick ways to deal with this, as described in this guide for fixing error 0xc004c008.
- Why does my Windows 10 say it’s not activated?
If your activated Windows 10 became not activated out of the blue, you may as well ignore the activation message. It’s most likely a Microsoft activation server issue you’re experiencing this time.
- How do I know if my Windows is activated?
To make sure your Windows is activated, open Start > Settings app > Update and Security. Select Activation and here you’ll see the activation status.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in October 2014 and was revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.