- The Windows activation error 0x004c008 can occur when you install a Windows product a specific number of times.
- You can get past this error code by running the Windows Activation troubleshooter.
- Trying to activate your OS on the phone is another effective solution you can try.
Did you have any hardware issues recently? For example, if your hard drive crashed for any kind of reasons you will install the Windows 10 operating system again on a new hard drive you buy.
Unfortunately, after you are asked to enter your product key during the installation in the Windows 10 system you might end up with the Activation Error Code 0xC004C008.
The error code usually appears when you install the Windows product a specific number of times. The Windows 10 license can only be installed on a single device.
So, if your device crashes and you buy a new one or just change a hardware component, you might need a new product activation code.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Luckily for us, there is a very easy fix to this issue just like we did with the Windows activation error 0x80041023.
How can I fix Activation Error Code 0xC004C008?
1. Try phone activation
- Press and hold the button Windows and the button R to open the Run window.
Note: Another way to open the run Windows is from within the start menu of theWindows 10 system.
- Write in the Run window the following command: SLUI 4.
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- You will now have a Phone Activation window in front of you.
- In the window, you will need to choose the country from which you registered.
- Call the activation number after you chose the country.
- After you dialed you should be asked to write your Installation ID.
Note: type the installation ID in your phone.
- After you typed the installation ID it will ask you how many copies of Windows have been installed with this license and you should choose 1. If you choose any other option it will not work.
Note: The option 1 you chose means that you only used it once.
- After you did the steps above you should get a confirmation ID and then you are set to go with a workable product key.
2. Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key + I to open Windows Settings.
- Scroll down, find the Update&Security tab , and open it.
- Open Activation tab.
- Click the Troubleshoot feature and wait until it finishes.
- See if the problem still persists.
Some users reported that they fixed this issue by using the troubleshoot option from the Activation options window. While this is not the fix for every user, this is a simple manipulation that you can try and which may fox your problem.
Before trying out this solution, sign in as Administrator. After you have signed in as an Administrator, here’s what you have to do.
3. Contact Microsoft
If the options posted above made no difference you can always call directly Microsoft office by dialing the number 18009365700 and explain what error message you get in your Windows 10 operating system.
They will most likely resolve it over the phone, and you can go on with your installation of Windows 10.
If you are facing some other issue like the Windows activation error 0xc004f211, check our detailed guide to fix it for good.
Please write us below with any other thoughts on the Activation Error Code 0xC004C008, and we will help you further in the quest of installing Windows 10 into your device.