How to fix high latency and frequent disconnects in World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft is one of the most popular online multiplayer games in the world. Launched in 2004, WoW has millions of active players, ready to fight and kill huge monsters.
The game is also affected by various technical issues, and in this article we’re going to focus on high latency and frequent disconnections. If you’re experiencing these issues, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Fix: World of Warcraft latency bugs
To start with, check the Service Status page of World of Warcraft. If the servers are available, but you can’t join, continue troubleshooting.
- Reset the game’s user interface.
- Install the latest Windows updates. Outdated OS versions may cause connection issues.
- Install the latest hardware drivers. Outdated drivers can cause stability issues, connection bugs and errors.
- Optimize your Internet connection. Use a wired connection if available.
- Close any background apps that may interfere with the game.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs. Certain programs may interfere with the game.
- Flush the DNS to eliminate incorrect DNS configurations. If your Internet connection is usually slow and often disconnects, chances are your DNS may not be configured correctly. Launch Command Prompt> type ipconfig /flushdns > hit Enter.
- Check your Windows Host File. Recent changes may cause connection issues.
- Make sure your network adapter is working properly. Any malfunction in this piece of hardware may cause connection issues.
- Check your network configuration to make sure your firewall, proxy, router, and port settings are correct.
- Reset your router. Unplug it, wait for one minute and then plug it back in.
- Install the latest firmware on your modem and router, and the latest drivers on your network card. Go to your hardware manufacturer’s website to download the latest updates.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Battle.net startup crashes
- Fix: World of Warcraft Won’t Start in Windows 10
- How to fix Overwatch voice chat issues
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB4491101 for those who are running Windows 10 V1507 (RTM version). The update is just restricted to the users of Windows 10 […]
It is certainly annoying to face issues in your system when you have to finish off the most important task that has been assigned by […]