How to reset World of Warcraft’s user interface
World of Warcraft is a fun game to play, but sometimes your adventure may be interrupted by various technical issues. If you’re looking for a quick fix to solve simple WoW bugs, you can first try to reset the game’s user interface and see if this action alone solves your problem.
Here’s how to reset WOW’s user interface
Resetting your UI to default settings will fix a series of WoW issues in no time. This solution also allows users to fix corrupted game settings. Here are the steps to follow to reset WoW’s UI:
- Exit World of Warcraft
- In the Battle.net desktop app > go to Options > select Show in Explorer
- Open the World of Warcraft folder
- Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld
- Launch World of Warcraft again so as to enable the changes
- Uninstall add-on managers to make sure they’re not causing any unwanted game interference
- Delete specific files in the Virtual Store directory
- Set Windows to show hidden files and folders
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\
- Delete the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders >close Windows Explorer > restart your system
- Launch WoW again.
Speaking of WoW’s UI, many players choose to customize their interface, highlighting the elements that are useful to them. Blizzard’s UI offers limited features and the overall design leaves a little to be desired. As a result, gamers prefer to use different user interfaces that support more functions.
ElvUI is one of the most popular WoW UIs among gamers, is highly customisable, allowing users to turn off any feature they don’t want and use a separate addon.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Blizzard bringing PvP Brawls in latest World of Warcraft update
- Warcraft 1 or 2 won’t be remastered, says Blizzard
- The Witcher 3’s Gwent card game update brings ranked mode features
Game stuttering is the irregular delays between GPU frames that can have a notable impact on gameplay. A game that stutters will feel slow, or […]
Facebook is reportedly maintaining a list of user data taken directly from their accounts. You might be surprised to know that Facebook’s ex-employees and existing […]