Windows 10 Apps are not running smoothly yet, reportedly some users have complained about font rendering in Apps. They said that words were messed up, and they weren’t able to read anything. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem.
How do I fix font issues on my Windows 10 PC or laptop?
1. Install KB3008956 update
Installing KB3008956 is the most common solution for font rendering in Windows 10 Technical Preview, and it will probably solve your problem. In case you don’t know how to manually install KB3008956 update, do the following:
- Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection. Don’t disconnect, unplug, or turn off your PC while the update is being installed
- Go to Start Menu, click Settings, and then go to Change PC settings
- Go to Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update
- Click on Check now
- If updates are found, tap or click View details
- In the list of updates, select the update containing KB 2919355, and then tap or click Install
- If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation
- After the installation is complete, restart your PC and sign in
If applying KB3008956 update didn’t help, try to reinstall your display drivers.
2. Reinstall display drivers
Maybe your current display driver is not compatible with Windows 10, which could cause a couple of graphical issues, try to update your driver and problem could be solved. To reinstall your display drivers, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key and X key together
- Select Device manager
- Locate and expand Display adapter
- Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click Uninstall
- Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website
We also recommend a driver updater tool to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
You can also try to reinstall the font you’re having problems with or disabling scaling on high DPI settings. Other actions you can take is modifying your registry. You will find the detailed information on how to perform these actions in our step-by-step guide on how to fix font bugs in Windows 10.
If you this solution didn’t help, or you have some comments and suggestions, please leave your opinion in the comments section below.
Read Also: Fix: Windows 10, 8.1, 7 font is too small