- Excessive Forza Horizon 5 stuttering on PCs can arise because of insufficient system optimization, antiquated graphics drives, and superfluous Windows features.
- Some players have said running Forza Horizon 5 with high priority can fix stuttering that game.
- Disabling background recording features might also reduce Forza Horizon 5 micro stutter for some players.
- Or you might need to free up more system resources for the game to fix Forza Horizon 5 stuttering on your PC.
Forza Horizon 5 is an enthralling racing game at the best of times. Yet, nothing spoils Horizon 5’s gameplay more than excessive stuttering. One player’s Reddit post said this about Horizon 5 stuttering:
I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition a few days ago. I have noticed some kind of stuttering in the game, especially when I drive fast. I don’t know if it is a coincidence, but I noticed it especially when I drove fast.
When excessive stuttering occurs in Horizon 5, its gameplay becomes very jerky and unresponsive. Momentary and regular delays to player actions caused by stutter can significantly impact gameplay.
So, excessive stuttering in Forza Horizon 5 can ruin the game for some players. You can fix, or at least reduce, stuttering in Forza Horizon with the potential Windows 11/10 remedies below.
What causes Forza Horizon 5 stuttering on PC?
The causes of Forza Horizon 5 stuttering can be varied. However, overly extended system resources can often cause stuttering. Games don’t run so smoothly when PC resources are stretched.
Windows also has a few built-in features that can cause more stuttering in games. Disabling those features can help to reduce stuttering.
Graphics card drivers are important to optimal gaming performance. If your PC has an outdated or even corrupted GPU driver, updating its driver could be a solution for Horizon 5 stuttering.
What are Forza Horizon 5’s system requirements?
Bear in mind that gaming performance is primarily determined by PC hardware. So, it might also be worth checking how your PC matches up with Horizon 5’s system requirements shown directly below.
If your PC hardly matches those minimal requirements, you can’t expect optimal Horizon 5 gaming performance. Upgrading your PC’s GPU or RAM might then be the best way you can reduce stuttering.
However, upgrading hardware does come at a cost. So, you might as well first try applying some of the potential resolutions below for reducing Horizon 5 stuttering to see if they make any difference.
How can I fix Forza Horizon 5 stuttering on my Windows PC?
1. Free up system resources for Forza Horizon 5
- Press the Windows + X hotkey to select Task Manager on the Power User menu.
- Click Startup at the top of Task Manager.
- Select unneeded startup items, and click the Disable option for them.
- Next, bring up the Power User menu again (with the hotkey in step one); and select Run from there.
- Input this command for opening MSConfig and press Enter:
- Then select Services along the top of the System Configuration window.
- Deselect superfluous third-party services listed on that tab. You can select Hide all Microsoft services to filter out more essential ones.
- Select Apply to save your newly selected MSConfig options, and then click the OK option.
- Click Restart on the dialog box to reboot your PC.
2. Update your PC’s graphics card driver
2.1 Find your PC’s graphics card model details
- Open the Type here to search box, and enter System Information there.
- Select to open the System Information.
- Double-click Components in System Information to expand it.
- Select Display to view graphical details.
- Note down the name of your PC’s graphics card listed there.
2.2 Download and install the latest graphics driver
- Open either the AMD or NVIDIA website depending on your graphics card model.
- Then select your PC’s graphics card model on the NVIDIA or AMD driver download pages. You’ll also need to select your Windows 11/10 platform from there.
- Click Search or Submit on NVIDIA/AMD driver download page.
- Select the Download option for the latest, platform-compatible graphics driver available for your PC’s GPU.
- Next, open File Explorer (click the taskbar button shown below); and bring up the folder that includes your downloaded driver.
- Double-click the NVIDIA or AMD driver package to open it.
- Then you can go through the setup wizard for your driver to install it.
- Select Power and Restart from the Start menu after installing the latest driver.
3. Run Forza Horizon 5 with a higher priority
- Start the Forza Horizon 5 game.
- Press the Windows key to return to the desktop with the game running.
- Open Task Manager as outlined in the previous resolution.
- Click Task Manager’s Details tab.
- Right-click the ForzaHorizon5.exe to select Set priority.
- Select the Above normal or High options.
- Then return to Horizon 5 to play the game.
4. Disable player designs
- Start the Forza Horizon 5 game, and click its Options button.
- Select the Hud and Gameplay menu option.
- Turn off the Player Designs option.
- Click the Save option.
5. Disable sound enhancements
- Right-click the sound icon that’s in the system tray to select Sound.
- Then right-click any sound devices on the Playback tab you don’t use to select Disable. Repeat that step for the Recording tab.
- Click your active sound device with the right mouse button to select Properties.
- Select the Enhancements tab.
- Click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Then select the 24-bit 48000hz option on the Format drop-down menu.
- Click Apply, and then choose OK.
6. Disable GameDVR (background recording)
- Press the Game Bar’s Windows + G hotkey.
- Click the Settings cog button on the Game Bar.
- Select the Capturing tab, and deselect the Record in the background while I’m playing the game option.
7. Lower in-game graphical settings
- Launch Forza Horizon 5.
- Select Options to view the Settings menu.
- Click Graphics to select that option.
- Lower the graphical Preset setting by at least one level.
- Save the new settings.
- It’s recommended that players also lower Horizon 5’s Environment Texture option and disable the game’s Ray Tracing.
8. Play Forza Horizon with your PC’s best graphics card
- Launch the search box (press the Windows + S hotkey), and enter Graphics settings there.
- Select Graphics settings to bring up the window shown directly below.
- If Horizon 5 isn’t listed there, click the Browse button. Select the Forza Horizon 5 EXE, and click the Add option.
- Press the Options button for Forza Horizon 5.
- Click the High-performance radio button.
- Then press the Save button.
9. Select a high-performance power plan
- Start the Run dialog with the press of the Windows + R hotkey that opens it.
- To open power settings, input the following text:
- Click OK in Run.
- Then click Hide additional plans to expand it.
- Select the High-performance radio button from there.
Those are just some of the best ways you can reduce Forza Horizon 5 stuttering for the smoothest of gameplay. With stuttering fixed, you’ll be able to enjoy Horizon 5 at its exhilarating best.
Your PC’s hardware is most important to Horizon 5 gaming performance. If you’re still experiencing considerable stuttering in Horizon 5 after applying those fixes, you might need to improve your gaming rig.
You’re always welcome to discuss this article’s topic within the comments section below. Have you found any other good ways to fix stuttering in Forza Horizon 5? If so, let us know about them below.