One of the most used dictionary tools in the world, TheFreeDictionary.com, has garnered many positive reviews and ratings in the Windows 8 Store. Now, in a recent update, the receives full Windows 8.1 support
A dictionary app is a must-have tool for anybody who wants to enrich their vocabulary. With the creation of the Windows Store, it is now possible to search and install the best dictionary tools on your Windows 8 device. TheFreeDictionary.com app by Farlex is one such app and it has recently received an important updated that makes it fully compatible with Windows 8.1.
Since its launch in the Windows Store, the developers have took great care of the app and have listen to consumers. Along with a lot of bug fixes, here are some of the most important updates released by this great Windows 8 dictionary app:
- Full Windows 8.1 compatibility
- Large live tiles and new snap view support
- Full access to Wikipedia content
- Full access to The Free Dictionary’s specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, plus multiple encyclopedias
- Advanced Search options, including “Starts with,” “Ends with” and “In definition.”
- Option to remove all ads with the Ad-free Upgrade
- New content page design with easy one-tap navigation to Definition, Thesaurus and Translations
- Add unlimited bookmarks
- Quickly look up the definition of any word on the page with the highlight feature
- Search for words on the page
- Adjust font size
- View recent search history
- Games! Including Spelling Bee and Match Up, plus Words Within Words and Hangman in multiple languages. Even play in Snap View
- Customizable Weather and Horoscope, including the ability to create live tiles
- New homepage design, with semantic zoom navigation.
App’s description goes like this:
Get the power of TheFreeDictionary.com, the world’s most comprehensive dictionary. Search multiple English dictionaries, all from the most trusted sources, plus specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, as well as multiple encyclopedias and even Wikipedia. Access dictionaries in 13 other languages and translate words into more than 40 languages. Read daily articles, add words to Favorites, and even share your favorite content via social networks and email. Plus play word games and customize your homepage with local weather and more.
This is definitely a dictionary app to download and install on your Windows 8 tablets, without having any second thoughts about it. Follow the link from below to do so.