Download TheFreeDictionary App on your Windows 10, 8.1 PC
One of the most used dictionary tools in the world, TheFreeDictionary.com, has garnered many positive reviews and ratings in the Windows Store. Now, in a recent update,the app received full Windows 10, 8.1 support.
A dictionary app is a must-have tool for anybody who wants to enrich their vocabulary. With the creation of the Windows Store, it is now possible to search and install the best dictionary tools on your Windows 10, 8 device. TheFreeDictionary.com app by Farlex is one such app and it recently received an important updated that makes it fully compatible with Windows 10, 8.1.
TheFreeDictionary App for Windows 10, 8.1
Since its launch in the Windows Store, the developers have took great care of the app and have listen to consumers. Along with a lot of bug fixes, here are some of the most important updates released by this great Windows 10, 8 dictionary app:
- Full Windows 10, 8.1 compatibility
- Large live tiles and new snap view support
- Full access to Wikipedia content
- Full access to The Free Dictionary‘s specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, plus multiple encyclopedias
- Advanced Search options, including “Starts with,” “Ends with” and “In definition.”
- Option to remove all ads with the Ad-free Upgrade
- New content page design with easy one-tap navigation to Definition, Thesaurus and Translations
- Add unlimited bookmarks
- Quickly look up the definition of any word on the page with the highlight feature
- Search for words on the page
- Adjust font size
- View recent search history
- Games! Including Spelling Bee and Match Up, plus Words Within Words and Hangman in multiple languages. Even play in Snap View
- Customizable Weather and Horoscope, including the ability to create live tiles
- New homepage design, with semantic zoom navigation.
— RELATED: 5 best dictionary software for Windows 10
The app’s description goes like this:
Get the power of TheFreeDictionary.com, the world’s most comprehensive dictionary. Search multiple English dictionaries, all from the most trusted sources, plus specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, as well as multiple encyclopedias and even Wikipedia. Access dictionaries in 13 other languages and translate words into more than 40 languages. Read daily articles, add words to Favorites, and even share your favorite content via social networks and email. Plus play word games and customize your homepage with local weather and more.
Farlex added a series of new features and improvements to this app. For example, you can now log in with The Free Dictionary and sync your bookmarks on absolutely all your devices. You can also create separate bookmarks in order to better organize your learning strategy. If you’re into gamification techniques, you can boost your learning curve by tracking your learning with points and badges.
If English is not your mother tongue and you need to access dictionaries in different language, TheFreeDictionary app has got you covered. You can access dictionaries in 13 other languages, including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, and more. Speaking of additional languages, you can also use this app to translate English words into more than 40 languages.
If you like to learn something new every day, then TheFreeDictionary app is the right choice for you. The app brings fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, Idiom of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today’s Birthday and more.
This is definitely the dictionary app to download and install on your Windows 10, 8 devices, without having any second thoughts about it. Follow the link from below to do so.
Download The Free Dictionary for Windows 10, 8
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to remove words from Microsoft’s Spell Check Dictionary
- 5 of the best dictionary browser extensions
- Free Windows 8, 10 Dictionary Apps: Top 5 to Use
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2013 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Google searches popping up on other computers is a common occurrence, especially if you operate a shared computer or at some point, you’ve accessed your […]
A few years ago, in order to play ROBLOX on your PC, you had to download the ROBLOX browser. This was sluggish and limited in […]
Some Windows 10 users reported that they can’t move icons on Desktop on their PC. This is a small but annoying problem, but today we’re […]