Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- There is no native DVD player in Windows 10, so we prepared a list of the best software for you.
- A good PC DVD player must play as many formats and codecs as possible.
- The best DVD movie player software also offers DVD conversion features.
- Try out all our suggestions, and you will also find some free DVD player. So read on!
If you’ve wondered what is the best DVD player software to download on Windows 10, you came to the right place.
It is true that Windows 10 doesn’t have any native DVD player. The people at Microsoft decided to terminate Windows Media Player.
Instead of that free option, they released a paid app called Windows DVD player, which you can buy from the Microsoft Store.
In some cases the DVD drive will not be able to read the disc, in other cases, a region error message appears when playing a UK DVD in the USA for example.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of DVD player software online, and our team has scoured the Internet to find the five best software for you. Read on to find out more details.
What are the best DVD players for Windows 10?
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is a handy program that allows you to convert any DVDs including region-locked/damaged DVDs, ISO image, DVD folder on Windows 10 with ease. It converts your DVDs to MP4 so you can watch the videos with 5KPlayer on Windows fluently.
Regarded as the must-have for DVD owners, this software is well-known for some impressive features:
- Converts region-locked/protected/homemade and even damaged DVDs to videos for watching on Windows.
- Rips DVD to MP4, H.264, FLV, AVI, MPEG, M2TS, and 350+ output profiles
- Converts a DVD to MP4 in 5 minutes with the support of GPU acceleration
- 1:1 clone DVD to ISO image, DVD folder, backup DVD to MPEG2.
- Free lifetime technical support via e-mail, guaranteed reply within 24 hours.
- Offers support for bookmarks, multiple file formats, screenshots, subtitles, etc.
If you’re using a Windows PC, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the best choice!
WinX DVD PlayerPlay and convert DVDs into multiple file formats and enjoy your videos in high-quality playback on Windows, Apple, Andorid.
GOM Player is a veteran media player software, and for good reason. The capabilities offered by this free DVD player software for Windows 10 are top range, even after more than 10 years of existence.
This software can play any sort of video and audio files – DVD, AVI, MP4, CD, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc.
What makes GOM Player stand out is its link with OpenSubtitles.org and its vast Subtitle Library, which comes in very useful when trying to search for a subtitle online.
Even though GOM Player is a versatile and useful software option for playing DVDs, the fact that the free version displays ads makes GOM Player end up in the second position in this top 5.
Here are some other useful features found in GOM Player:
- Great 360° VR Playback
- Wide range of built-in codecs – Vorbis, FLAC, ADPCM, XVID, MP41, MP42, MP43, H263, etc.
- Ability to play damaged video files
- Great subtitle library
GOM PlayerExperience the number 1 media player that supports all major video formats, absolutely free of charge.
5K Player is another excellent software option. This tool occupies the third position in our best free DVD player software for Windows 10, thanks to its user-friendly interface and rich options.
This software has a great set of features. You can play high definition videos, online radio stations, and can also be used as a multimedia file streaming tool.
You can use 5K Player to stream audio/video wirelessly by using AirPlay and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
Here are the key features of 5KPlayer:
- DXVA2 hardware acceleration
- Play a variety of formats – 4K, HEVC, HDR, H.264 8K, etc.
- Video cutting abilities
- DTS multichannel surround sound
- TrueTheater technology – automatically chooses the best available quality of the specific format
- AirPlay support
PotPlayer is another very useful free DVD player software for Windows 10.
This all-round DVD player uses advanced DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync features for better processing speeds, and to reduce the resource consumption.
Here are some of the best features of PotPlayer:
- Full 3D glasses support with various output formats – Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Page Flipping
- Supports a wide range of subtitle formats
- No need to install codecs to play DVDs but offers full OpenCodec support
- Scene preview features
- Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay
- Can bookmark specific scenes or chapters
VLC Media Player is one of the most versatile and powerful media players available on the market this year. It’s one of our top picks when it comes to the best free DVD player software for Windows 10.
This software option is completely free to use and offers you the possibility to experience a seamless DVD playing experience on any kind of device.
Beyond being able to play DVDs, VLC Media Player also allows playing audio CDs, ISO images, and also DVD folders.
VLC gives you all the capabilities of a fully paid professional video player software and comes tightly packed in a small installer.
The installation process is as straight-forward as you might expect from software designed to be easy to use and understand.
Here are the key features of VLC Media Player:
- No ads and user tracking
- Plays most codecs without the need to install codec packs – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Hardware decoding allows your GPU to get help from the software
- Advanced control options – video and subtitle synchronization, video and audio filters, etc.
In today’s article we explored some of the best DVD software to download for Windows 10.
At the top of the list, you will find the powerful WinX DVD Player. This software offers you an incredible array of features and customization options, excellent video and audio quality.
We would love to know what software option you chose from the list presented here. You can easily let us know by using the comments section below.