If you’ve wondered what is the best free DVD player software to download on Windows 10, you came to the right place.
Because Microsoft does not support the Windows Media Center in Windows 10, a large number of users are worried about not having any native DVD playback software.
It is true that Windows 10 doesn’t have any native DVD player. The people at Microsoft decided to terminate Windows Media Player. Instead of that free option, they released a paid app (15$) called Windows DVD player, which you can buy from the Microsoft Store.
It is worth noting that the reviews regarding this application are not all good. Some people have encountered issues when trying to watch one of their DVDs. In some cases the DVD drive will not be able to read the disc, in other cases, a region error message appears when playing a UK DVD in the USA for example.
Fortunately for you, there is a wide range of free DVD player software online, and our team has scoured the Internet to find the best software in 2019. Read on to find out more details.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most versatile and powerful media players available on the market in 2019, and it’s our top pic free DVD player software to download on Windows 10.
This software option is completely free to use and offers you the possibility to experience a seamless DVD playing experience on any kind of device.
Beyond being able to play DVDs, VLC Media Player also allows playing audio CDs, ISO images, and also DVD folders.
VLC gives you all the capabilities of a fully paid professional video player software and comes tightly packed in a small installer. The installation process is as straight-forward as you might expect from software designed to be easy to use and understand.
Here are some other notable features found inside VLC Media Player:
- No ads and user tracking.
- Plays most codecs without the need to install codec packs – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Hardware decoding allows your GPU to get help from the software.
- Advanced control options – video and subtitle synchronization, video and audio filters, etc..
5K Player is another excellent software option. This software occupies the second position in our Top 4 best free DVD player software to download on Windows 10.
This software has a great set of features. You can play high definition videos, online radio stations, and can also be used as a multimedia file streaming tool.
You can use 5K Player to stream audio/video wirelessly by using AirPlay and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
Here are some other great features found in 5K Player:
- DXVA2 hardware acceleration.
- Play a variety of formats – 4K, HEVC, HDR, H.264 8K, etc.
- Video cutting abilities.
- DTS multichannel surround sound.
- TrueTheater technology – automatically chooses the best available quality of the specific format.
- AirPlay support.
- Video cutting features.
GOM Media Player
GOM Player is a veteran media player software, and for good reason. The capabilities offered by GOM Player are still top range, even after more than 10 years of existence.
This software can play any sort of video and audio files – DVD, AVI, MP4, CD, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc.
What makes GOM Player stand out is its link with OpenSubtitles.org and its vast Subtitle Library, which comes in very useful when trying to search for a subtitle online.
Even though GOM Player is a versatile and useful software option for playing DVDs, the fact that the free version displays ads makes GOM Player end up on the 3rd position in this top 4.
Here are some other useful features found in GOM Player:
- Great 360° VR Playback.
- Wide range of built-in codecs – Vorbis, FLAC, ADPCM, XVID, MP41, MP42, MP43, H263, etc.
- Ability to play damaged video files.
- Great subtitle library.
PotPlayer is another very useful free DVD player software for Windows 10.
This all-round DVD player uses advanced DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync features for better processing speeds, and to reduce the resource consumption.
Here are some of the best features of PotPlayer:
- Full 3D glasses support with various output formats – Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Page Flipping.
- Supports a wide range of subtitle formats.
- No need to install codecs to play DVDs but offers full OpenCodec support.
- Scene preview features.
- Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Can bookmark specific scenes or chapters.
In today’s top 4 articles we explored some of the best free DVD software to download for Windows 10.
At the top of the list, you will find the powerful VLC Media Player. This software offers you an incredible array of features and customization options, no ads, and it is entirely free to use.
We would love to know what software option you chose from the list presented here. You can easily let us know by using the comment section below.
- 5 best software to fix corrupt JPG images
- 5 best antivirus tools to use with VPN to secure your network
- 5 best face blurring software to use