- Designing your own bathroom can be extremely fun, especially if you have a bit of imagination.
- There are plenty of graphic design tools that can help you achieve this, and we'll present you the best bathroom design software.
- For example, one of the programs from Adobe is well suited for the job thanks to its innovative features.
- And so are many other bathroom design tools that we will be covering below, so keep reading!
In the past, home designers had to use the classical combo of pen and paper to design custom furniture and accessories. This, of course, was useful in helping to explain your design view to your customers.
Customers who wanted to make themselves understood regarding the design of their choice could also use this approach.
One of the biggest problems with using this technique is the amount of time needed in order to make your sketch understandable.
Because the processes of designing custom furniture and arranging it to your needs is a complicated process that involves creating custom designs, specialized software makes it a lot easier and gives you a more visual experience.
Using design software is especially useful because it allows you to visualize a design before you actually start working on it, and it also allows you to use visual digital furniture templates that are customizable.
In this article, we will explore some best specialized design software that allows you to design your dream home free of charge.
We will focus on software solutions that can also design custom bathrooms, among other.
What are the best bathroom design software?
Whenever you want to sketch something in a digital environment, then you’ll need a good graphics design tool, and few come close to Adobe Photoshop‘s tool set.
This raster-based image editor features a professional-level tool set combined with a beginner-friendly UI that will allow you to design anything, including an entire room such as a bathroom.
The extended plug-in support will allow you to load templates from hundreds of libraries, so you can create bathrooms of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
Tiles can be swapped instantly between each other with clever use of Photoshop’s layer support, and you can even integrate the created file with other design tools for further editing.
More so, while Adobe Photoshop is indeed subscription-based, you can apply for a 7-day trial and test out not only it but all the Adobe Products included in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
Here are some Adobe Photoshop features:
- Professional-level raster-based image editing
- Familiar UI for those used with Adobe software
- Extensive plug-in support
- Widespread popularity makes finding tutorials online easy
- File formats compatible with plenty of other graphic design programs
DreamPlan Home Design is the easiest way to design your ideal bathroom.
Use it on any Windows 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Mac OS X 10.5 or above PC to enjoy a full set of features and explore multiple bathroom design ideas prior to building.
Complex 3D modelling applications can prove to be a challenge, but that’s not the case with this DreamPlan Home Design tool.
When being unsure if you’re supposed to go big or try a clean, modern design that is clutter free, with a neutral color scheme perhaps, take your time to explore all options.
You’ll find it refreshingly simple and intuitive to create walls or transform the existing bathroom.
Or you can try various colors and textures before finally deciding which one suits you best, and to import image files to create custom textures for floors.
On top of that, just imagine the convenience to see what furniture would really fit when you already have the measurements of the furniture you intend to buy.
Once again, furnishing your bathroom is as easy as dragging and dropping all the items you have in mind.
That’s why this bathroom design software and planner comes as a fast and easy choice.
It enables you to plan and visualize every detail in your bathroom design on your computer; not as static drawings, but in various views – 2D plan, three-dimensional view, as well as Blueprint mode.
As a quick recap, these are some best features this software has to offer:
- User-friendly interface for intuitive house planning creation or customization
- It includes 3D furniture or other decorations
- Switch between 3D, 2D, and blueprint view modes
- Get unique ideas from the software or import your own image files
There’s no better chance to explore your creativity than when you’re planning on changing your bathroom by using Live Home 3D Pro.
The successor of Live Interior 3D is up for the challenge with advanced home design tools and superior export quality.
When it comes to the included Elevation view, it takes your plans to the next level since it allows adding objects to the drawing and installing them into walls or roofs.
This includes openings, doors, niches, windows, or wall panels.
You just need to use the Show Adjacent Furniture in 2D Elevation View button to make it all possible. Even more, the 2D Elevation view further allows you to move furniture around.
Live Home 3D Pro is easily considered an intuitive design application since in order to add an object, you only have to drag and drop it from the library into the project.
Speaking of that, its material library includes more than 2,100 materials and 2,000 objects to choose from, with new models constantly added.
Moreover, here are some of its key features:
- Create 2D drawings for floor plans and print them right at home
- Enjoy real-time 3D rendering
- Take advantage of the improved Backup / Restore speed in the latest version update
- Explore unique drawing tools which allow ease in changing the shape of an object, creating new objects, rounded walls, and more
- Find inspiration in detailed video tutorials
That’s why Live Home 3D Pro is an app suitable for homeowners and professional designers alike.
Before you start planning a new bathroom or working on the improvement project you had in mind for years, remember that you don’t need to do it all yourself.
Professional assistance from Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 comes in handy.
Unlike other similar tools, it doesn’t actually require any design skills. It is easy to navigate around its interface as most commands are already displayed and the results are astonishing.
The 2D floor plan uses simplistic symbols and the tool panel is found on the left side of the screen, where you can build walls, windows, doors, stairs, and more.
You should also know about its 3D-rendering mode.
When you are rendering your bathroom, you can quickly build a scene, add textured materials and objects, personalize the design, and render a beautiful result faster than anything else out there.
That’s how you can preview any design idea and make sure it will finally resonate with your expectations.
As for the Color Coded Floor Plan feature, identifying furniture, windows, and similar elements is no longer a task to worry about.
Besides all these, you need to know you’re getting the best. The features list also includes:
- A rich suite of sample home plans to help you get started on an already existing floor plan, or for building one from scratch
- Editable room templates you can use to furnish your bathroom
- Extensive object catalog including more than 1,000 objects
- High level of personalization guaranteed by the quick import of digital photos into models
- Cost estimator ready to keep track of the cost of materials you plan to buy and labors
With such features, you should feel right at home while using Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11.
In any case, email and telephone support are available if you ever need to get in touch with a customer support representative.
That’s another app for remodeling your house, decorating your bathroom or designing it from the very beginning.
When you want to resort to specialized home design software that can assist you in the process of creating your dream bathroom, Ashampoo Home Designer Pro makes sure the tools and inspiration you need are both included.
Previous design skills are not needed when getting an impressive 3D view supports virtual tours to survey every single aspect of your bathroom plans.
The extensive Building Wizard is there to make sure you can create designs that fulfill your dreams.
Choose it and this will bring you through a process including five simple steps: Edit project data, Basic settings and shape selection, Edit dimensions, Create floors, and Roof.
The integrated project wizard even helps you with formalities such as the object library which enables you to fully furnish your future bathroom.
Other professional-quality features here included are:
- Easy to use navigation tools
- Three design levels to choose from: 2D, 3D, cross-section
- Detailed 3D previews for every planning step
- Support for area, length and volume precise calculations
- Repositionable viewing angles
- Generous library covering everything from furniture to electrical, water and security appliances or decorations
- Google Sketchup and Collada imports for even more detailed furnishings
Hopefully, Ashampoo Home Designer Pro can inspire you to get a bathroom that not only is fully functional, but fashionable at the same time.
Planner 5D is a great furniture designer software that can be used by anyone that wants to renovate or remodel their dwelling/home/office.
This software is incredibly useful for both people who want to redesign a room in their home, or for bigger projects with hundreds of rooms, like a big business owner.
No matter where you fit on that scale, this software can help you.
It contains an incredibly wide range of pre-designed items, has the ability to create both 2D and 3D floor plans, and also allows you access to the wide range of downloads.
You can use the 2D view mode to create floor plans and design custom furniture to fit the space perfectly, and then you can transform it into a 3D project.
Using the 3D view allows you to observe and edit your design from every angle.
By using this software’s friendly user interface, you can furnish your bathroom with ease, edit colors, edit patterns and choose your preferred materials.
After you’ve chosen the best setup for you, you can use the great HD visualization and sharing features found in Planner 5D.
You can easily take snapshots of your project, and share them with your family or co-workers, and you can even add shadows and lighting to make it look more realistic.
Other features include item editing and access to more than 4000 predesigned furniture/ patterns/ materials.
This software was released in two different flavors, one is completely free and the other with a Premium license:
- Planner 5D Free version
- Even though it’s easily accessible to anyone for free, it still offers a good range of features that will help you in your project – 2D and 3D editor, access to more than 150 item catalogs, 600+ textures catalog, and you can use it for an unlimited number of projects.
- Planner 5D Premium version
- It contains all the features found in the free version, and it also allows you access to the entire range of items (300+) in the catalog and also gives you the power to modify the size and appearance of all the furniture you used in your project.
If you want to see some examples of projects completed by using Planner 5D, you can visit their official website.
Room Sketcher is an incredibly useful software option that gives you all the tools you need in order to refurbish, and redesign your bathroom.
You can use this software to visualize your project with ease in both 2D and 3D modes, without needing to have any prior skills.
This software was designed to be easy to use and understand by anybody that wants to try it, offering you a wide range of tools that will make the process much easier than using a pen and paper.
Here are some of its best features :
- User-friendly UI
- Drag and drop features – allows you to drag-and-drop elements into your projects with ease – drawing walls, adding more windows or doors, etc
- Easily change wall and furniture setups and try new ones for a fresher look
- 3D feature allows you to observe your project from a 3rd person perspective
- Easy to share projects with your partners/ friends by using the built-in sharing options
- Great measuring tool in drag-and-drop features – this makes it easier for you to follow the plan’s parameters by using standardized measurements
- Share 360 views, 3D photos, and 3D floor plans
If you feel a bit stuck when it comes to how to refurbish your bathroom, you can always visit the official Room Sketcher site for some inspiration.
The Free version of Room Sketcher offers you a great range of features, allowing you full access to the app, and also helps you with an incredibly wide range of real products that you can use to furnish your project.
The Premium version of Room Sketcher contains all the features found in the free version, with some useful additions :
- More customization power
- Can create 2D and 3D floor plans
- Has the ability to replace materials with a few clicks
- Professional level customization for your floor plans
- Can calculate the total area of your project, and make furniture and layout suggestions based on that information
- Can perform exact measurements
- Can print floor plans to scale
If you want to see a more detailed overview of all the license options and each feature available, you can visit the official Room Sketcher pricing webpage.
Smart Draw is another great software option that allows you to easily design your dream bathroom.
One of the advantages of using this software, is the fact that it allows you to use either a downloadable package, or, an online version.
This makes it easier for users who don’t want to download anything, and still gives you access to all its powerful features.
Using Smart Draw is easy. You can begin by choosing the appropriate bathroom template, and then customize it to fit your needs, and you also have access to a wide range of digital elements, symbols, etc.
After choosing the layout template, simply drag-and-drop any elements of your liking to your project. Smart Draw will automatically render that object/element in the 3D layout of your project.
After you chose some elements, you can easily customize every aspect of them – color, materials, patterns, placement, etc.
When your project is complete, you can use the built-in features to easily share it with whomever you want to.
You can share your completed project either on your Smart Draw profile, or by using storage options like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. You can also generate a link for your project and email it normally to your partners.
Here are some of the most notable features of Smart Draw :
- Can easily build and share diagrams with its intelligent formatting engine
- Automatically sets up spacing, alignment, size and color schemes
- Integrates seemesly with MS Office, Google Apps, etc.
- Great range of content – more than 34.000 symbols and 4500 templates
- Great CAD-like environment with engineering scales
This software was released with two different licensing options available :
Smart Draw Single User
- Includes both the SmartDraw Windows Desktop and Online Editions
- Only one user permitted
- AutoCAD import
- Powerful intelligent formatting
- Save and open diagrams from Dropbox, Google Drive, etc
- Can import data to generate charts, bar charts and graphs
- Integration with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
SmartDraw Multiple Users – contains all features found in the Single User version, and also adds:
- Allows more than 5 users
- Great administrative controls regarding who can access which project, and with specific permissions for sharing and access
Home Stratosphere is another great free online bathroom design software that allows you to easily create both 2D and 3D layouts with professional-level editing tools. T
he Free version of this software offers you a full range of capabilities, but it limited when it comes to being able to export your design project.
This software has a learning curve, and might not be suitable for beginners, but it comes packed with a wide range of useful templates that allows you to simplify the process of learning how to use it.
The user interface is not very intuitive, but if you give it the necessary time, this app will surely amaze you with the wide range of features that it offers.
One of the best features of Home Stratosphere is the fact that you can see your project in a side by side 2D/3D views, and allows you to keep track of all changes applied in real time.
Having access to the side by side 2D and 3D views, allows you to build the bathroom of your dreams by choosing furniture, tiles, accesories, while also making sure that all measurements are correct.
When using the full screen 2D mode, you can select any option from the following – foundation, floor, electrical, plumbing, roof, etc.
Depending on the choice you make, the editing tools that will be on your left hand side change.
You can even create an entire garden with flowers, bushes and grass, create a rendering of it, and then even check out how the garden will look when the plants grow.
Besides gardening, you can find elements for every aspect of any room in your home – from faucets, cabinets, and furniture templates, to staircases and windows.
This software allows you to design every floor and room of your house to the tiniest detail by using the drag-and-drop features.
In order to achieve this, you get access to an incredibly wide range of design libraries – plants, home decor, furniture, etc., and can also generate pricing lists for the items you chose.
This feature helps you make sure you’re always inside the budget, or allows you to modify the textures and materials to reduce overall costs.
If you want to see some examples of bathrooms designed by using Home Stratosphere, you can take a look at the official website.
In this article, we explored some of the best software options found on the market that allow you to create professional-looking bathroom designs without having any prior experience.
The features found in the software we presented in this list cover all your needs when it comes to refurbishing, room design, materials used, exact measurements, etc.
We covered both fully online design tools and also software that needs to be downloaded in order to use. We would love to know what your experience when trying this software was.
Please feel free to let us know which app you chose and how it worked for your project, by using the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about bathroom design software
- What are the best bathroom design tools for average users?
There are plenty of downloadable programs as well as web services for designing bathrooms, and one of the best is Adobe Photoshop. However, if you are interested in 3D designing the bathroom, AutoCAD would suit you better.
- Can typical users design their own bathrooms?
As far as pure aesthetics are concerned, there is no reason why average users shouldn’t design their own bathrooms. In fact, there are software tools that allow you to design the entire interior of your house.
- Are bathroom design tools practical?
As long as you can find the tiles and paint to match the design you created, then yes, a bathroom design tool is practical.