- Automatic color correction software comes in handy when you want to make your photos and videos look better without manually adjusting the settings.
- The software works by analyzing what's in your picture and correcting any errors that it finds instantly improving the quality of your photos.
If you have ever tried to make a photo look better, you know that the first step is to correct the colors. This is one of the most basic things that can be done in image editing programs, but it’s not always easy to get right.
With the right photo editing apps, you can get professional results with just a few clicks. Automatic color correction software analyzes your photo and automatically adjusts its colors to improve its quality.
Fortunately, there are lots of automatic color correction tools out there that can help take care of these issues quickly and easily.
Each one tends to have its own strengths and weaknesses, so depending on your needs and preferences, one may work better than others.
What is automatic color correction?
Color correction is a term that gets thrown around a lot in the photography world. But what does it mean? Simply put, color correction is the process of adjusting your image’s overall look and feel to make it more pleasing to the eye.
When it comes to automatic color correction, this type of image processing automatically adjusts an image’s color balance.
The software does this by analyzing the colors in your photos and then adjusting them to make them more vibrant and realistic.
What are the best automatic photo color correction tools?
InPixio Photo Studio – Most intuitive photo editing tool
InPixio Photo Studio is a professional photo editor for everyone. It has an intuitive interface makes it easy to use, even for inexperienced users. It features robust and easy-to-use tools that make editing photos with a single click possible.
InPixio Photo Studio offers many filters, allowing users to apply different effects to their pictures.
The app lets you work with multiple images simultaneously, making it ideal for batch-processing photos or creating collages.
- Has presets to create specific looks in different settings
- Comes with AI-powered templates to help you color-correct your images faster
- InPixio Photo Studio does not require any training before you can start using it effectively since most of the functions can be performed with just a click
- Supports multiple languages
InPixio Photo StudioThe color-detecting feature in the selection tool assists you in modifying the photo automatically.
Adobe Photoshop – Powerful color correction software
Photoshop is a powerful photo editing and retouching tool and the ultimate automatic color correction software for beginners. It is the number one choice for professional photographers, graphic designers, and artists.
Its features are so diverse that it can be used as a complete design tool by professional photographers and graphic designers or to make simple edits to your photos.
You can certainly do more with Photoshop auto color correction actions to make your images stand out but still look natural and beautiful.
- Comes with great plugins that extend its functionality and help you automatically color-correct your images
- Supports multiple file types: JPEGs, PNGs, TIFFs, and BMPs
- Has a tutorial section to help you perfect your skills in editing
PhotoshopColor a scene quickly, mix numerous landscapes, and move colors from one image to another.
Clip Studio Paint – Most versatile
Clip Studio Paint is a versatile painting and animation software, used by professionals and amateurs alike. It has many features that make it an excellent choice as an auto color correction tool.
The software is available for Windows and macOS and can be purchased in two different versions, Clip Studio Paint and Clip Studio Paint Pro.
One feature that makes it stand out is its rich library of paintbrushes that is updated every month. You’ll be spoilt for variety when selecting one for editing.
- Customizable paintbrushes that allow you to control every aspect of your strokes.
- Has a one-off purchase offer.
- The fill tool automatically detects missed spots during color correction to enhance your work.
- Has a tutorials and tips section to help sharpen your skills.
Clip Studio PaintDiscover endless methods to correct color, by selecting from other screens or applying complex color palettes.
Skylum Luminar – Most flexible
Skylum Luminar is a video auto-color correction software. It features a drag-and-drop interface and an array of presets to get you started.
Luminar automatically analyzes your image and applies the best adjustments for each and every photo. You can fine-tune these adjustments for even greater results
- You can use this tool to adjust individual colors in your image, especially if you want a color to stand out.
- Can edit images in layers.
- Also comes in form of a plugin that can be used alongside other photo editing software.
It’s not as powerful as some of the other programs on this list, but it’s easy to use and offers much flexibility for anyone who wants to try out some simple edits before moving on to something more advanced.
Skylum LuminarIt analyzes your photos and quickly improves the color quality, details, and tone by choosing the appropriate color balance.
What is the best color correction software for video?
1. Adobe Premiere Pro – Most popular
Adobe Premiere Pro is the best color correction software for video. It’s used by professionals and enthusiasts alike. It has many features that can help you get the job done quickly and easily.
Although the software is geared toward professional users, it also has many features in common with basic video software but with advanced capabilities that aren’t found in such software.
- Professional editing tools that give you total control over your footage.
- Advanced color correction tools that let you change the mood and look of your film in an instant.
- motion graphics templates for creating title sequences and other visual effects.
If you’re looking for a professional video editing tool that’s easy to learn and use, then Adobe Premiere Pro is a good choice.
Adobe Premiere ProAuto-Match powered by Adobe Sensei AI makes it simple to adjust, tweak, and match colors quickly and accurately.
2. Movavi – All-in-one video editor
Movavi Video Editor offers a wide range of features that make it one of the most versatile and powerful video editing software available today.
The software includes tools for editing soundtracks, adding titles, effects, and transitions, as well as advanced tools for color correction, noise reduction, and other video-enhancing features.
- It comes with a ton of training videos, so even if you’ve never edited a video before, you are sorted.
- Has 4K support with real-time effects to help you color-correct your video.
- Supports a wide range of formats.
The program’s interface is simple and intuitive, making it easy for beginners to learn how to use it. However, advanced users will also appreciate its powerful features, such as tracking options and motion effects.
MovaviProvides fully redesigned aesthetics, improved navigation, easy content structure, and color customization.
3. Filmora Wondershare – Most creative
If you’re looking for video color correction software, Filmora Wondershare is one of the best options. It has a wide range of features that make it easy to use, even for beginners.
For beginners, it has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use with just a few clicks. It also provides many advanced features that can help you get the best results if you are a pro user.
- You can choose from four automatic modes, each with its own presets and effects.
- Filmora Wondershare also gives you plenty of options for customizing the colors and looks of your video clips.
- Includes a tutorial section on how to get the best out of color correction.
You can use its color correction feature to adjust the color balance of your videos according to your taste or preference.
Filmora WondershareFilters are added to match relevant hues, and color tuning may be used to unify the color with scene color presets.
Where can I use automatic color correction?
If you’re new to video editing, automatic color correction is a great way to learn about color correction.
You can use automatic color correction in a variety of applications. You can use it to correct the color of photos, video clips, graphics design, game development, and web design.
Color correction vs. color grading, what’s the difference?
Color correction is adjusting the colors in a video clip to match the colors captured at the time of the shooting.
It is more about fixing problems. This is the feature to use if you want your footage to have consistent color throughout a project.
Color grading, on the other hand, is an advanced technique that you can use to achieve specific looks in a project. It is more about enhancing the look of your project overall.
It involves manipulating specific parts of an image — such as shadows, mid-tones, or highlights, using color masks or curves.
With this comprehensive list, we hope you found software that meets your needs, and you can now create beautiful. natural-looking photos and videos without much fuss.
For more advanced users who would like to edit their images even further, be sure to check out our library of photo retouch correction software.
In the comment section below, let us know what other photo editing features you enjoy and the corresponding software you use to achieve the final look.