The Frostbite game engine is EA’s most popular game development platform, powering a series of impressive games such as Battlefield, Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition and more.
The tool allows game creators to shape the future of gaming, providing a smooth and collaborative development experience. Frostbite lets game developers create games of any size, genre, or platform and continually exceed expectations.
Frostbite takes the gaming experience to the next level by allowing developers to create more dynamic environments. For example, weather can be more dynamic and change throughout the gameplay. At the same time, the Frostbite engine features highly improved facial animation for more realistic games as well as more impressive graphics.
Games built with the Frostbite game engine
If you want to experience the Frostbite game experience, we’ve prepared a list of all the Frostbite-enabled games currently available on the market. Enjoy!
- Battlefield: Bad Company
This is actually the first Frostbite-enabled game. EA DICE built the engine and the game at the same time, resulting in sandbox gameplay where almost everything is destructible.
- Battlefield 1943
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam
- Battlefield 3: For this installment, EA DICE re-engineered all major systems. As such, animation, destruction, and everything else perfectly reflects these changes
- Need for Speed: The Run
- Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
- Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
- Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- Battlefield 3: Aftermath
- Battlefield 3: End Game
- Army of Two: The Devils Cartel
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield 4: Second Assault
- Battlefield 4: China Rising
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand
- Mirror’s Edge
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Battlefield Hardline
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: