- Even after several years of its release, Resident Evil 7 PlayStation users are facing game data not finished installing error.
- The issue does not allow PlayStation users to play the Resident Evil 7 game on their consoles.
- You can follow the solutions mentioned in this guide and possibly fix the problem at your end.
There is no shortage of games, especially survival horror games. And one of the most popular games in this category is Resident Evil. It is not a specific game but a franchise that has different versions of the game released at different points in time.
The basic premise of the Resident Evil 7 game is that the player (or main character) is looking for his missing wife in an infected plant occupied by an infected family.
You go through killing enemies and solving different interesting puzzles. While it might sound pretty interesting for all the Resident Evil fanatics, not being able to install it on their PlayStation could be annoying.
Several PlayStation users are reportedly facing the game data has not finished installing Resident Evil 7 error. The installation goes on and on for an endless time, but the game does not completely install.
While there is no information on what causes this game data to have not finished installing Resident Evil 7, we have a guide that will possibly help you fix the problem.
In this guide, we have listed some of the most effective solutions that have helped users get rid of the game data error that they have not finished installing Resident Evil 7 on their PlayStations. Let us check them out.
How to fix Resident Evil 7 blurry graphics issue?
For gamers, playing the game at optimal resolution and graphics is the main goal. Well, that is the reason they invest in a dedicated gaming console.
Now, many Resident Evil 7 players have been reportedly suffering from blurry graphics issues with the game.
Notably, the game’s graphics don’t look sharp. While for some, there are a few scenes where blurriness appears, for others, the total game suffers from blurry graphics.
For such users, you can tweak the graphics settings as mentioned below:
- Set the resolution to default.
- Turn off motion blur. This is one of the main reasons you would come across blurry graphics issues with Resident Evil 7.
- You should also turn off or disable the FXAA/TAA settings. Use SMAA instead.
- Interlaced tracing should also be turned off, as it has been reported to cause blurriness.
- Set the resolution scaling to 1.
- Turn of Chromatic aberration.
Of course, for some Resident Evil 7 gamers, simply turning off one setting would do the trick. But the above settings are for you to tweak and see which one solves the blurry graphics issue.
How can I fix the game data that has not finished installing Resident Evil 7 error?
1. Clear system cache
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller.
- On the Power menu, select Turn off PS4.
- After the console shuts off completely, unplug the power cable from the socket.
- Wait for about 30 seconds before plugging back and turning on the console.
The above steps will help you clear or refresh the system cache. Once the process is complete, you can try and check if the error is fixed or not.
2. Rebuild the console database
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller.
- After the console shuts down, press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Release the power button after seven seconds.
- The PS4 will open Safe Mode.
- You need to select Rebuild Database.
- Press the X button to start the console database rebuild process.
Refreshing the database is one of the best solutions that will not only help you fix the game data that has not finished installing Resident Evil 7 error, but it will also help fix various common problems.
Follow the above steps and rebuild the console database. That might help you fix the problem at hand.
3. Check for updates
- On the PlayStation home screen, select Settings.
- Choose System Software Update.
- If there is a new update allow the PlayStation to install it.
- Restart your PlayStation 4 console.
One of the most important things that you can do to not only fix the game data that has not finished installing Resident Evil 7 error, but other bugs as well is to check for new updates.
- Use your PS4 controller and select Settings.
- Choose Power Save Settings.
- Select Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- You need to check the boxes next to Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On PS4 from Network.
Alternatively, if you do not wish to go through the steps above to manually update your firmware, you can set your PS4 to automatically update by following the below steps.
4. Check your internet connection
There are chances that your internet connection is at fault here. Notably, if your internet connection is slow or faulty, then the game will not be able to download or install the game data resulting in this error.
In such a case, you must check your internet connection. You can make use of websites such as Fast.com or Speedtest on your PC, to verify if you are getting the appropriate internet speed as per your data plan.
If not, then you can contact your ISP and get the rectification done, and check if this resolves the issue or not.
5. Perform a network reset
- Head to the PS4 home screen.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down and select Initialization.
- Select Restore Default Settings.
- Click on Restore.
- Confirm by selecting Yes.
6. Check the information tab
- Press the Resident Evil 7 icon.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Information.
- Under Download Status, you can see the download/installation status.
- This will show you the actual download status of the game data for Resident Evil 7.
- Click Done.
- Let the process complete and check if this fixes the issue or not.
7. Reinstall the game
- On the home screen, head to the Games menu.
- Locate the game.
- Highlight the desired game and press the Options button.
- Select Delete.
- Press Confirm.
- Go to the library, select the game and redownload it.
8. Check storage
- On the PS4 home screen, select Settings.
- Scroll down the list and select Storage.
- Here check if you have sufficient storage to download game files or not.
- If not, then hit Applications.
- Select the application you want to delete, and press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Delete.
9. Factory reset your PS4
- Open Settings.
- Select Account Management.
- Choose Activate as your primary PS4.
- Select Deactivate.
- Choose Yes.
- Select OK to confirm your action.
- Again head back to Settings.
- Select Initialization.
- Choose Initialize PS4.
- Select either Quick or Full and press Initialize.
- Choose Yes to confirm.
- The factory reset process will begin.
You should choose factory reset your PS4 as the last option when none of the methods mentioned above helped you fix the game data has not finished installing Resident Evil 7 error.
Do note that once the console reboots after a reset, you need to log in again and install all the games again for you to play them.
How can I troubleshoot other PlayStation problems?
While the game data not finished installing Resident Evil 7 is a game-specific issue, PlayStation users also come across other common issues for which we have a dedicated guide with confirmed solutions.
➡ PS4 randomly turns off: If your PS4 is randomly shutting off without any notice or error message, then you can check out this guide and try possibly fixing the issue.
➡ PS4 Error Su-30625-6, SU-42481-9 (Update error): Because of file corruption, you will come across this PS4 update error. We have a dedicated guide on fixing this problem.
➡ Playstation 4 error NW-31473-8: If the PSN server is experiencing some issues or outages, then you can follow this dedicated guide and possibly fix the problem.
➡ PS4 controller not connecting to PC: If you are having trouble connecting your PS4 controller to your PC, then our guide will surely help you troubleshoot the problem.
Let us know in the comments below, which one of the above solutions helped you fix the game data not finished installing the Resident Evil 7 problem.
If you have any other solution that worked for you then you can let us know and share it with others by dropping a comment below.