- Have you encountered a Windows 10 PS4 controller driver error when trying to play?
- This issue can be extremely annoying because you can't use the controller at all.
- The most likely cause is an error within the driver for the Bluetooth PS4 controller.
- Pairing the device to your PC again or using third-party tools can help with this issue.
A wide range of users have encountered a Windows 10 PS4 controller driver error when trying to use a PS4 controller on their computer.
This issue can be extremely annoying, as it means that you won’t be able to play your favorite games by using the controller.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on Microsoft Answers:
Even though the reasons might vary, it seems that the most likely cause of this error is an error within the driver for the Bluetooth PS4 controller.
In this article, we will explore some of the best methods to deal with this issue, and get back to playing your favorite games on Windows 10 using a PS4 controller. Read on to find out more.
These solutions will also help you if you have one of the following issues:
- Wireless controller driver error
- PS4 controller not connecting to PC
- PS4 controller won’t connect to PC
- Bluetooth PC not detecting PS4 controller
How do I fix a PS4 Bluetooth controller that isn’t working?
1. Remove PS4 controller from Bluetooth devices
- Make sure your controller has enough battery (above 10%), and then restart your PC.
- Click on Cortana search box -> type in Control Panel -> choose the first option from the top.
- Click on Devices and Printers inside the Control Panel.
- Search for the Bluetooth PS4 controller in the list -> right-click on it -> select Remove device.
- Select Yes.
2. Use the DS4Windows app to fix the PS4 controller driver error
- Click this link to download the latest version of DS4 Windows.
- Open up the .zip file and extract the files to the desired location on your hard-drive.
- Run the .exe installer DS4Window by double-clicking on it.
There are other great driver repair and updating tools that you could try on the market, most of which only need to be launched to already trigger a full system scan for faulty drivers.
3. Pair your PS4 controller using DS4Windows
- Open the previously installed app -> click on Settings.
- Enable the Hide DS4 controller option.
- Drag the corner of the windows and expand it -> you will see Controller/Driver Setup in blue -> click on it.
- A UAC pop-up will appear asking for permission -> click Yes.
- Another pop-up will appear showing you a picture of a controller -> minimize it (do not close it).
- Go to Manage Bluetooth Device screen -> follow on-screen instructions (hold share and PS button for 3 seconds).
- Your controller will appear in the list -> click on it and pair.
Do this whenever you turn your computer off to avoid causing the same issue.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods to deal with the issue caused by your PS4 controller driver error on Windows 10.
Please make sure to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue. You can do so by using the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The first thing you should try is to run a hardware troubleshooter from Windows 10. You can also try a hardware diagnostic tool.
Make sure your controller isn’t paired with a PS4. Try to connect your controller via USB first.
Press and hold the PlayStation and the Share buttons at the same time. After detection, connect the controller to your computer like any other Bluetooth device.