Gears of War: Ultimate Edition now supports V-Sync on Windows 10
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition was recently updated for Windows 10, with its developer bringing to the table several features that were previously released for the Universal Windows Platform. Many of these features are what PC games have been asking for, but even then, the UWP platform is still miles behind the likes of Steam regardless.
V-Sync is probably the most important as it is one of the features thousands of gamers have been asking for, so it is great to see Microsoft listening and delivering on what its customers desire.
Here are the list of fixes and improvements as seen via the official website:
– Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitors refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
– Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
– Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
– Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
– Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
– Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.
This is no doubt a huge update, one that should calm the storm if even for a little bit until other UWP features are released in the coming months.
As it stands right now, Microsoft needs to improve Windows 10 in terms of gaming if it wants folks to take the Windows Store seriously going forward. There’s already a strong competitor in the form of Steam, which means gamers have little incentive to purchase games from the Windows Store.
Want more Gears of War? Microsoft announced the release date of Gears of War 4 along with a new trailer. Check it out here and enjoy what the future has in store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Gears of War for Windows 10 Gets Early Bad Reviews from Players
- Nvidia Updates its Windows 10 Drivers for Far Cry Primal & Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- AMD updates Radeon Software with support for Hitman game
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]