- Experiencing input lag issues while trying to play Genshin Impact on Windows 11?
- Well, you are in luck because we are about to offer you the solution on a silver platter.
Gaming has become one of the most popular pastime activities for a large portion of the world’s population, and there’s no denying that.
And, whether you get a kick out of sport-themed games, shooters, or adventure RPGs, there are enough games out there to suit pretty much every need.
And, as every gamer in the world would agree, nothing is more frustrating than not being able to play your favorite game because of errors, lag, or other issues.
If you are experiencing lag when playing Genshin Impact on Windows 11, we can happily lend a helping hand in this time of need.
Why is my Genshin Impact so laggy?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist, as this problem is easily fixable and won’t take up too much of your time.
Before we show you how, though, you need to understand that this situation can be caused by either faulty drivers or an unstable or weak Internet connection.
We know you’ve probably been asking yourself: Can Windows 11 cause lag? The truth is that it could happen if you recently upgraded from Windows 10 to the latest OS.
Windows 11 could also be the root cause for your lag during Genshin Impact gameplay if you are using an Insider Preview, especially on the Dev Channel.
But this doesn’t mean that you should downgrade back to Windows 10. We’re about to show you a series of solutions that work for both Microsoft’s operating systems.
How do I stop Genshin lag in Windows 11?
1. Troubleshoot your Internet connection
- Test if your network connection is working.
- Restart your router (make sure you unplug the power cord and leave it for 30 seconds switched off).
- Right-click the network icon in the Taskbar and select Troubleshoot problems.
- Open a Command Prompt and type the following commands (one by one):
netsh winsock reset
- If the problem persists, switch to a cable connection.
2. Update your network driver
- Press the Windows key, search for Device Manager and click on Open.
- Expand Network Adapters, right-click on the one you use and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
Gaming is relaxing and fun, and surely you can do without all the crashes, lags, or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free easily.
Sometimes, manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automated assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily.
In case you’re a beginner, you don’t have to worry! DriverFix is smart, simple, engaging and its user interface was built to make your life easier.
3. Change DNS settings
- Press the Win + R keys simultaneously to open the Run console.
- In the search bar, type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter.
- It will open the Network Connections window. Right-click on the active network adapter and select Properties.
- In the network properties dialogue box, under the Networking tab, go to This connection uses the following items field.
- Here, select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties button below.
- Under the General tab, select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Set Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 / Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206.
- Press OK to save the changes and exit.
How do I make Genshin Impact run smoother on Windows 11?
Experiencing Genshin Impact input lag is nothing to be scared about. Certain steps you can take will ensure you won’t have to go through this again.
Keeping the game updated, as well as keeping Windows and the graphics and network drivers up to date software-wise is your first line of defense.
It could be a case of having lag while playing Genshin Impact after the latest operating system update. As we mentioned above, just be sure to refresh the drivers for your network and graphics cards and you should be good.
Many users have been complaining about Windows 11 gaming issues since the OS first came out, and Microsoft is constantly striving to improve the experience.
Has this guide been helpful in solving your issue? Share your progress with us in the comments section located below.