As many in the gamer’s community know, GOG.com is an online store for video games. They also offer a gaming client, GOG Galaxy. From here you can install and update games, or organize them as you like.
But what happens when you are trying to install a game and Installation failed / Configuration error message pops up? Well, in the next lines we are coming with some fixes for that.
How do I fix Installation failed / Configuration error in GOG?
1. The first solution is to update your video card drivers
However, this is more like a recommendation. All avid gamers know that installing the latest set of drivers can get you out of trouble. So, go to the website of your graphic adapter producer and download the newest drivers.
2. Delete the galaxy.db file
- Make sure GOG Galaxy is closed.
- Press win+R to open the Run dialog box. It looks like this.
- Now, type in
C:ProgramDataGOG.comGalaxyStorageand press ok.
- Delete the file.
- After that, restart GOG Galaxy.
Galaxy.DB is the database file for GOG Galaxy and it can get corrupt. By deleting it, GOG Galaxy creates a new one. In other words, it repairs the database.
3. Perform a clean install of GOG Galaxy
- The first step is to uninstall GOG Galaxy, by running unins000.exe.
- Show hidden files. In File Explorer, go to View, then check Hidden files.
- Remove the following folders:
- Your user is your account name for Windows.
- After you restart your system, go to GOG Galaxy official website and download the latest version.
- Now, you must run the application as an administrator.
- Right-click on it and click Run as administrator.
- Start GOG Galaxy and check if the problem is solved.
So, these are the fixes that we invite you to try if you ever encounter Installation failed / Configuration error when you are installing a game in GOG Galaxy.
If you have questions or just want to leave us a message, please make use of the comment sections below.
Frequently Asked Questions
GOG (Good old Games) launched GOG Galaxy as their gaming client. Though, you can download and play games from GOG without GOG Galaxy. See here how to play GOG Games on Windows 10.
Yes, by logging into your Steam and add it to your library as a non-steam game. We have a full guide in this article.
You need to sign in into your account on GOG website, choose the game that you want and download it on your machine. If, after install, the games won’t launch in Windows 10, check this article.