How to Fix Google My Business When It’s Not Showing Messages
- Google My Business is a necessary feature for anyone looking to list their business online so it can appear in searches.
- Listing a business on Google My Business is free. All you need is a Google account and a valid address to get things started.
- Customers tend to take businesses with listing more seriously than those that don't have that. Therefore, it's very important that you list yours there.
Google My Business is one of the many innovative platforms offered by Google that allows businesses to create a free listing for their company. So when the Google Business messages do not show issue hits, your business may be in trouble.
One of the features of Google My Business is the ability to send and receive messages from customers. If you can’t see messages, don’t worry – there is a way to fix it.
How do I enable Google Business messages?
- Sign up for a Google My Business account and create a listing for your business.
- Once you’ve created your listing, click on the Messaging section.
- Here, you’ll see an option to Verify for Chat. Click on this and follow the prompts to finish setting up Business messages.
What can I do if Google My Business is not showing messages?
1. Add your number
- Open Google My Business and tap on the Add phone number button.
- This will open a new page where you can enter your phone number. Input the digits and hit save.
- You’ll then have to wait for a verification code that may take up to 14 days to arrive. Once your number is verified, you should start getting messages on your Google My Business account.
2. Check your internet connection
One other thing you can try is to check your internet connection. Poor connectivity can be the cause of the issue. Restart your router or modem, or check to see if there are outages in your area. If none of these work, contact your ISP for further troubleshooting.
3. Contact Google support
- Log in to your Google My Business.
- Scroll down to the bottom and choose Support. This will open a dialogue box with suggestions of possible solutions. If you can’t find what you need, tap on Contact Us to get specific help with the messaging issue.
Google Business message unable to deliver
There are a few possible reasons why your Google Business Messages may not be delivered.
- Incorrect or outdated contact information: Make sure that your business name, address, and phone number match what’s listed on your Google My Business page.
- Messaging not enabled for your business: In order to start using Business Messages, you first need to enable messaging for your business. This can be done from the “Business Settings” page in your Google My Business account.
- Business Messages not yet available in your country: Unfortunately, Business Messages are not yet available in all countries. If you’re trying to use Business Messages in a country where it’s not yet available, you’ll need to wait until it launches in your country.
- Google My Business page not verified: In order to start using Business Messages, your Google My Business page must first be verified. This verification process can take up to a few weeks to complete.
- Technical issues: There are a few potential technical issues that could cause Business Messages to fail to deliver. These include things like an outdated version of the Google My Business app, or problems with your internet connection.
While contacting Google support may not always result in a fix for your particular issue, it’s definitely worth a try if you’re still having trouble getting messages to show up on your listing. Keep reading our blogs to find more related solutions to everyday tech problems.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.