- If the most visited sites on your Chrome are not showing, there is a problem with your browser.
- One easy fix is using the third-party software we selected below to update your graphics card drivers.
- Using our method to reinstall Google Chrome will get it to show your most viewed websites again.
- You can also make sure the browser is not automatically clearing your browsing history.
Google Chrome is a great browser with millions of users, but many reported that Google Chrome doesn’t show the most visited websites anymore.
This can be an inconvenience since you won’t be able to access your favorite websites quickly. However, there’s a way to fix this issue.
Not being able to see most visited websites in Chrome can be an issue, and speaking of issues, here are some similar problems that users reported:
- Google Chrome most visited thumbnails not showing – According to users, sometimes your thumbnails might not be showing in the most visited section. To fix this, simply visit the website from this section and the thumbnail should update itself.
- Chrome new tab page not showing most frequently visited pages – This issue can occur if Chrome is set not to store any cookies on your PC. Simply disable this option and your most visited websites should appear.
- Chrome frequently visited sites disappeared, not showing, sites missing – Sometimes this issue can occur due to your graphics card drivers. Simply update your drivers and the problem should be resolved.
- Chrome most visited gone – According to users, this can happen if Chrome is out of date, but you can fix the issue by updating it to the latest version.
How do I make Google Chrome show most visited websites?
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Reinstall Google Chrome or try using a different browser
- Make sure that Chrome isn’t clearing your history
- Visit one of the websites on the Most visited list
- Make sure that the New tab page isn’t zoomed in
- Make sure that Google local NTP is enabled
- Make sure that Google Chrome is up to date
- Reset Google Chrome
1. Update your graphics card drivers
Users reported that Google Chrome doesn’t show the most visited websites, and this can be a problem.
According to them, this issue occurred because their graphics card drivers were out of date. After updating their drivers, the problem was completely resolved.
Updating the drivers is fairly simple, and you just have to find the model of your graphics card and visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your model.
DriverFix will allow you to automatically download the missing drivers. Using this tool you should be able to update all your drivers with just a couple of clicks.
After your drivers are up to date, the problem with the most visited websites in Chrome should be resolved.
Keep in mind that if you have both dedicated and integrated graphics you’ll need to update drivers for both graphics processors.
Downloading drivers manually can sometimes be a bit tedious, especially if you don’t know the model of your graphics card and how to find the appropriate drivers.
2. Reinstall Google Chrome or try using a different browser
If you’re having issues with Google Chrome, you might be able to fix them simply by reinstalling Google Chrome. Sometimes your Chrome installation can be corrupted, and in order to fix it, you just need to reinstall it from scratch.
There are several ways to do that, but the most effective one is to use uninstaller software such as Iobit Uninstaller
In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller software can remove any application from your PC, but it will also remove all files and registry entries associated with that application.
As a result, it will be as if the application was never installed, and there won’t be any leftover files to interfere with future installations. Once you remove Chrome, install it again, and check if the problem is still there.
Switch to Opera
If that doesn’t cut it anymore, another alternative would be to consider replacing Google Chrome altogether.
There are plenty of browsers out there, and many of them are also based- on the Chromium-architecture, so familiarity wouldn’t be an issue.
One great example of such a browser is Opera. It looks and feels almost like Google Chrome, and it has an equally-large extension library.
Opera automatically adjusts its most visited websites preview page as your habits change from one day to another. This way you gain quick access to all of your most-used websites from within a single page.
OperaA great-looking and lightweight browser that cleverly displays your most visited websites on the launch tab. Get it now!
3. Make sure that Chrome isn’t clearing your history
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- When the Settings tab opens, scroll all the way down and click Advanced.
- Select Content settings.
- Now pick Cookies from the list.
- Make sure that Keep local date only until you quit your browser option is disabled.
After disabling this option, Google Chrome will store cache and history on your PC and you’ll be able to see the most visited websites once again.
4. Visit one of the websites on the Most visited list
Sometimes Google Chrome doesn’t show most visited websites properly. Users reported that websites are on the list, however, no the websites don’t have any thumbnails.
Simply visit any website with a missing thumbnail by clicking it from the Most visited list. When the website opens, use it for a couple of seconds.
After doing that, that website’s thumbnail should be updated in the Most visited list. Do this for all websites on the list in order to update all of their thumbnails.
5. Make sure that the New tab page isn’t zoomed in
According to users, if Google Chrome doesn’t show most visited websites, the issue might be your zoom level. Sometimes users zoom their pages in order to see better or simply by accident.
However, Google Chrome might not disable most visited websites if the New tab page is zoomed in.
- In the address bar look for the magnifier icon. In should be on the right side of your address bar.
- Now click the Reset button.
After doing that, the zoom level should be restored to the default. Alternatively, you can adjust the zoom level by holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse wheel to zoom out.
After you zoom out to the default level, the issue should be resolved.
6. Make sure that Google local NTP is enabled
According to users, if Google Chrome doesn’t show most visited websites, the problem might be the NTP feature.
Users reported that they fixed the problem with most visited websites simply by enabling Google local NTP feature. This is simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and in the address bar enter chrome://flags and press Enter.
- Locate Enable using the Google local NTP and set it to Enabled.
After doing that, restart Chrome and the problem should be resolved.
Several users reported that this solution worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
7. Make sure that Google Chrome is up to date
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner. Now choose Help and select About Google Chrome.
- A new tab will now appear and Google will automatically download the latest updates.
If Google Chrome doesn’t show the most visited websites, the problem might be related to a bug in Google Chrome.
Issues with Chrome can occur once in a while, and the best way to deal with bugs is to keep Google Chrome up to date.
By default, Google Chrome automatically installs the missing updates, but you can also check for updates on your own. To do that, just follow the steps above. Once the updates are installed, check if the problem is still there.
8. Reset Google Chrome
- Open the Settings tab in Chrome, scroll all the way down and click on Advanced.
- Now click the Reset settings in Reset and clean up section.
- Click the Reset button.
Chrome will now reset to the default after a couple of moments. After Chrome resets to the default, your extensions, history, bookmarks, cookies, and settings will be removed.
In some cases, Google Chrome doesn’t show most visited websites due to your settings or extensions. One of the ways to fix this problem is to reset Google Chrome to default.
This is fairly simple to do, but before you do it, we advise you to turn on syncing so you can keep your browsing history, bookmarks, etc. With Chrome reset to the default, check if the problem is still there.
Not being able to see your most visited websites can be a minor problem. However, we hope that you managed to fix this issue in Google Chrome by using one of our solutions.