Google Chrome not loading pages properly [EXPERT FIX]
Is Google Chrome not loading pages properly on your Windows PC? Well, you are not alone, and in today’s article we’ll show you how to resolve this problem.
What to do if Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly on my PC? The first thing you should do is to end all Google Chrome processes from Task Manager and check if that helps. If not, try clearing your cache or consider switching to a different browser.
How to fix a web page that is not displaying properly in Chrome?
- Restart your computer
- Try a different browser
- Use CCleaner to clear cache
- Update Google Chrome
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Reinstall Google Chrome
1. Restart your computer
If Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly, the quickest solution would be to close all Chrome processes and restart your PC. Here’s how to do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click on Google Chrome and then click on End Process.
- Now, restart your PC.
- After restarting your PC, you can then launch Google Chrome and check if the pages are loading properly.
If the pages aren’t loading properly after this workaround, you may proceed to the next workaround.
2. Try a different browser
If you’re having problems opening certain websites, perhaps you might want to try a different browser? UR Browser is similar to Chrome, but it focuses heavily on user security and privacy.
This browser will scan all your downloads and prevent any malicious files from being downloaded. It will also warn you about any malicious or phishing websites that you might visit.
UR Browser also protects your privacy, and thanks to the built-in VPN and anti-tracking features, you’ll be surfing the web securely and anonymously.
3. Use CCleaner to clear cache
Sometimes clearing the cache can help if Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly. You can clear the cache using CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner.
- Install and follow the instruction to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner and then click on the Cleaner menu.
- In the Registry Cleaner menu, ensure you select Google Chrome in the Applications tab.
- Now, click on Analyze option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on Run Cleaner.
Alternatively, you can clear cache within the Google Chrome window by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys.
4. Update Google Chrome
An outdated browser can also cause websites not to load properly. Therefore, you need to update Google Chrome to fix the problem. Here’s how to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome > ┇ > Help > About Google Chrome. This will check for available Google Chrome updates.
- Select Update Google Chrome.
- Now, wait for the update to be completed.
- Restart Google Chrome afterward .
5. Remove unwanted extensions
If Google Chrome is not loading pages properly the issue might be your extensions. Hence, you have to either disable or remove the problematic extensions.
Follow these steps to find the problematic extension:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > More tools > Task manager.
- Click on the extension and click on End Process to disable the extension.
- You can then proceed to remove the extension.
Alternatively, you can disable Google Chrome extensions by launching the extension page.
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > More tools > Extensions. Or copy-and-paste chrome://extensions into the URL bar in Google Chrome.
- Next locate the extension you want to disable, toggle the Enabled box to disable the Chrome extension.
- To remove the Chrome extension, click the Remove option next to the Chrome extension.
6. Disable hardware acceleration
Hardware acceleration allows Google Chrome to utilize your hardware in order to get better performance. However, this functionality might prevent web pages from loading properly. Therefore, you should disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome. Here’s how to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available.
7. Reinstall Google Chrome
If Google Chrome is still not loading pages properly, you might have to reinstall it. Here’s how to reinstall Google Chrome:
- Go to Start > open Apps & Features > locate and select Google Chrome.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, go to Google’s official website and install a new version of the browser.
To ensure that Google Chrome is completely removed, you should use uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller to remove any leftover Chrome files or registry entries.
There you go, these are just some of the solutions that might help you if Google Chrome isn’t opening pages properly. Feel free to try all our solutions and let us know which one worked for you.
- Full Fix: Chrome keeps opening new tabs
- What to do if Chrome didn’t shut down correctly [EXPERT FIX]
- Is Chrome being slow? Here’s how to rejuvenate it
Waze is one of the biggest GPS navigation software in the world. A lot of people rely on Waze for their daily routes, traffic info, […]
Most websites include buttons of some description. Website buttons usually work fine. However, buttons on certain sites might not always work when users click them. […]
If your Mixer app is not streaming no matter what channel you try on, you don’t have to worry. This problem is more common than […]