- Google Chrome might not be loading pages properly because of a number of possible reasons like firewall issues.
- This article will go over some of the causes and present ways to deal with them.
- In case you don't want to spend much time dealing with such issues, you can switch to another browser.
- A potential cause for this issue can be the extensions you have installed on your Chrome browser.
Is Google Chrome not loading pages properly on your Windows PC? Well, you are not alone, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to resolve this problem.
What to do if Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly on my PC? The first thing you should do is to end all Google Chrome processes from Task Manager and check if that helps. If not, try clearing your cache or consider switching to a different browser.
The following solutions will also work if you are facing the following:
- Chrome not loading pages
- Google Chrome not loading pages
- Google Chrome not loading pages properly
- Chrome not loading pages properly
- Chrome won’t load pages
How to fix Chrome not loading pages properly?
- Try a different browser
- Restart your computer
- Update Google Chrome
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Use CCleaner to clear cache
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Reinstall Google Chrome
1. Try a different browser
If you’re having problems opening certain websites, perhaps you might want to try a different browser? Opera is similar to Chrome, but it focuses heavily on user security and privacy.
Opera protects your privacy, and thanks to the built-in VPN and anti-tracking features, you’ll be surfing the web securely and anonymously.
The included ad-blocker as well as anti-crypto-mining features will make sure that web pages will not be a burden to your CPU.
A new browser also means a fresh start. Easily import your bookmarks from Chrome and of you go.
- Integrated messengers right in the sidebar
- Floating video window to watch videos while browsing
- Workspaces to group tabs together and easily organize
Load pages properly using the Opera browser. The best alternative to Chrome.
2. Restart your computer
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click on Google Chrome and then click on End Process.
- Now, restart your PC.
- After restarting your PC, you can then launch Google Chrome and check if the pages are loading properly.
If Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly, the quickest solution would be to close all Chrome processes and restart your PC.
If the pages aren’t loading properly after this workaround, you may proceed to the next workaround.
3. Clear cache using a third party tool
- Download CCleaner from the official website.
- Install and follow the instruction to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner.
- Navigate to Custom Clean, and then go to the Applications tab.
- Make sure you check all entries in Google Chrome section.
- Now, click on Analyze option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on Run Cleaner.
Sometimes clearing the cache can help if Google Chrome isn’t loading pages properly.
CCleaner has more functionalities included that generally help your computer.
You can also use it in order to:
- Clear browser history
- Clean registry issues
- Disable startup programs
- Clean junk files
4. Update Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome > ┇ > Help > About Google Chrome.
- Select Update Google Chrome.
- Now, wait for the update to be completed.
- Restart Google Chrome afterward.
An outdated browser can also cause websites not to load properly. Therefore, you need to update Google Chrome to fix the problem.
5. Remove unwanted extensions
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > More tools > Task manager.
- Click on the extension and click on End Process to disable the extension.
- You can then proceed to remove the extension.
If Google Chrome is not loading pages properly the issue might be your extensions. Hence, you have to either disable or remove the problematic extensions.
Alternatively, you can disable Google Chrome extensions by launching the extension page.
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > More tools > Extensions. Or copy and paste chrome://extensions into the URL bar in Google Chrome.
- Next locate the extension you want to disable, toggle the Enabled box to disable the Chrome extension.
- To remove the Chrome extension, click the Remove option next to the Chrome extension.
6. Disable hardware acceleration
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to ┇ > Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available.
Hardware acceleration allows Google Chrome to utilize your hardware in order to get better performance. However, this functionality might prevent web pages from loading properly. Therefore, you should disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome.
7. Reinstall Google Chrome
- Go to Start > open Apps & Features > locate and select Google Chrome.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, go to Google’s official website and install a new version of the browser.
To ensure that Google Chrome is completely removed, you should use uninstaller software to remove any leftover Chrome files or registry entries.
There you go, these are just some of the solutions that might help you if Google Chrome isn’t opening pages properly. Feel free to try all our solutions and let us know which one worked for you.
Fix any problems by following our step-by-step guides from the Browser Errors Hub.
Learn more about this browser in the dedicated area: visit the Google Chrome section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most likely the connection got interrupted. Or there might be some malware that should be removed because it’s blocking everything.
If Chrome won’t load pages, you should check this article to fix Chrome not loading pages properly.
The process itself is generally fast and completed in a matter of seconds. If Chrome is moving too slow you should speed it up with these tips.