- You can easily activate Google Docs dark mode by following the steps we have detailed in this article.
- Enabling the force Dark Mode in your browser yet another quick way of being able to see Google Docs in dark mode.
- Using a browser that comes with a dark theme option among others, is the easiest way to also use a dark theme on Google Docs.
- The dark mode in Google Docs can also be activated easily by installing a dedicated extension on your browser.
The dark mode theme is bliss, especially when working at night in Google Docs files and folders.
When you are using a dark theme, not only your eyes will feel better when working at night, but also your device’s battery will last longer.
There are several ways on how you can turn on dark mode in Google Docs and in this article we will explore the exact steps you need to make.
How do I turn on dark mode in Google Docs?
1. Use Opera
Opera is our recommended browser when it comes to fantastic customization features, dark theme included as well.
With this browser you will benefit from a large array of options and features, created specifically for your producitvity and comfort.
Opera is a fast, reliable and easy to use browser where you can work on your Google Docs files with ease, selecting the dark theme from the settings.
Of course, you can also install the Dark mode extension and simply benefit from having the screen turned dark.
Moreover, you can organize the opened tabs and create workspaces for a better administration of them.
Of course, the privacy and security of Opera, are another great selling point. The browser comes with a built in free VPN and with an add blocker.
Thanks to this, your online privacy will be ensured and you will not be annoyed by commercials when working online, browsing, or simply watching a movie.
Enjoy all the fantastic features and themes this browser offers in order to enhance your productivity.
2. Enable the Force Dark Mode option
- Open Google Chrome and type the following, in the address bar:
- From the Force Dark Mode for Web Contents drop-down menu select Enable.
Note: You can easily disable this option, when needed, by simply entering the same command in the address bar and selecting Disable from the drop-down menu.
3. Enable the Dark Mode extension
If you are using Chrome as your primary browser then activating the dark mode for Google Docs cannot be easier.
All you have to do is download the Google Dark Mode extension.
On the other hand, if you are using Edge, then you can install the dedicated Edge Google Docs Dark Mode extension and you will have the exact desired outcome.
Here as well as for the other browsers, you can install for example the Darkdocs extension, and then all the Google Docs interface will turn dark.
Regardless of what browser you are using, all you have to do is install the extension on your device and enjoy working on any online documents, Google Docs included in the dark mode.
As seen in this article, you can easily change the theme of Google Docs to make it easier to view and work with the files online.
Moreover, using the dark theme is also great since it will help you save battery life.
Please share with us in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions, we would love to hear them.