- Making an informed decision about choosing the best browser with dark mode can be complicated if you consider the wide range of options.
- No matter if you're searching for the best Android browser with dark mode, or for any other platform, stable software offers portability between OSs.
- Besides a wide range of browsing features, the best browsers with dark mode feature also incorporate the latest web technologies.
- In choosing the best browser with dark mode, it is also very important to have great speeds, customization options, and built-in security processes.
More and more developers have been adding dark modes to their software. Those modes apply black color schemes to apps’ user interfaces.
Dark modes have become trendy because they can save battery life on mobile devices and laptops.
So, it’s not surprising that there are now numerous browsers with dark modes. These are some of the best desktop and mobile browsers with dark modes.
What are the best browsers with dark mode?
Opera is a Chromium web browser that’s been around since the 1990s. This is one of the most customizable browsers with a better feature set than Google Chrome.
It also boasts a bigger assortment of extensions because its uses can utilize both Opera and Google Chrome extensions.
Opera has a built-in Dark option you can utilize that’s accessible on its Easy setup bar.
Users utilizing the Android Opera browser can also select a Dark web pages option along with a dark theme setting. With both those options selected, Opera is the darkest of all web browsers!
Opera also has a special OperaGX version. That version packs in additional gaming features on top of Opera’s standard feature set.
OperaGX users can limit RAM, check tab system resource usage, and limit network usage via that browser’s GX Control sidebar.
Other useful Opera features
- Users can capture webpage snapshots with Opera’s built-in screenshot utility
- Opera’s battery saver feature extends battery life on portable devices
- It includes a conversion tool for unit and currencies
- This browser incorporates a built-in VPN (virtual private network)
Easily switch to dark mode and experience the same lighting speed browsing experience with this amazing software.
Vivaldi is an ultra-customizable Chromium browser with many unique features. This browser is similar in design to Opera, as it includes a Speed Dial page and sidebar.
An Opera co-founder launched Vivaldi to be a browser that retains classic Presto engine features from the original Opera..
Vivaldi has the best tab management features of any browser. Its users can stack, or group, multiple tabs and select tab hibernation options.
This browser incorporates tiling settings that enable users to view two to four pages within a window. Vivaldi even includes a tree-style tab sidebar.
Aside from its awesome tab features, Vivaldi includes nine pre-defined themes. One of those is a Dark theme, which turns the browser’s UI black when selected.
Vivaldi users can also modify theme colors, adjust the contrast & saturation of the browser’s themes, and even schedule times for them to change.
Other useful Vivaldi features
- Vivaldi includes customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Users can utilize Vivaldi with mouse gestures
- It includes a Quick Commands utility for searches and page actions
- The Vivaldi sidebar incorporates a handy notepad
Mozilla revolutionized its Firefox browser with a new Quantum web-engine that utilizes four processes for web page content.
That revolution has made Firefox one of the most system-resource efficient and responsive browsers.
Firefox boasts a strong feature set. It incorporates an ad-blocker, password manager, and a Ctrl + Alt-tab cycler.
Users can also select screen capture, link copy, and tab tools on Firefox’s Page Actions menu.
Mozilla Firefox is also among the most customizable browsers with expansive add-on and theme repositories.
Its users can configure Firefox’s toolbar via the Customize Firefox tab. From that tab, users can also select the browser’s Dark theme on the Themes drop-down menu.
Other useful Firefox features
- This browser includes a Task Manager tab
- Firefox’s Send Page option enables users to send tabs to other devices
- Its users can select alternative Standard and Strict enhanced tracking protection settings
- The Picture-in-Picture mode enables users to view videos outside Firefox’s window
Chrome is falling behind some of the competition in terms of features, but it’s still the world’s favorite browser.
Maybe that’s because Chrome has the best mobile integration and syncing. It also incorporates cutting-edge web technologies that make it one the of fastest browsers.
Chrome packs in some very handy features. It incorporates a password manager that can generate new passwords for users.
Chrome’s Task Manager is a handy tab management feature. This browser also includes many site control settings for users to configure webpage permissions and content.
Google Chrome for Android has a built-in dark setting. Desktop users can select Windows 10’s Dark app setting to activate a matching black theme in Chrome.
Alternatively, users can select a built-in black color setting within the desktop Chrome browser to apply a dark theme.
Other useful Google Chrome features
- It includes integrated YouTube toolbar controls
- Users can utilize Chrome’s ominibox URL box for unit conversions
- Google Chrome’s site settings enables users to block images and pop-ups on webpages
- Chrome also incorporates a built-in PDF viewer
Edge has changed for the better since its conversion to Chromium code. Now it has a more rounded and cleaner Chrome-like UI design.
Microsoft added a new rendering engine, profiles manager, and tracking prevention to Chromium Edge. Furthermore, Edge users can now utilize Chrome’s extensions!
Edge has some unique features that you won’t find in all browsers. Its New Tab page includes alternative layout settings and a customizable feed.
Users can collect web content, such as images, with Edge’s Collections utility and take snapshots with the browser’s Web capture tool.
The built-in dark mode setting from the old Edge remains in the Chromium iteration of the browser.
Its users can select a Dark theme on this browser’s Settings tab. Or users can select a System default option for Edge to match the Windows 10 theme.
Other useful Edge features
- Includes built-in support for PDF documents
- Its users can select a Read aloud option for pages
- Edge can auto-generate new passwords for users
- This browser incorporates three tracking-blocking settings
Those are five of the best browsers with dark modes that are compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android platforms.
Whether you utilize them on mobiles or laptops, you can make the most of the dark modes in these browsers to prolong your device’s battery life and give them a bit of a makeover.