Google Drive on Windows
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service provided by Google, released on April 24, 2012, which enables user cloud storage, file sharing, and collaborative editing.
Google Drive is now the home of Google Docs, a suite of productivity applications, that offer collaborative editing on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. Rumors about Google Drive began circulating as early as March 2006.
Google Drive issues and fixes
- [Fix] Google Drive is unable to connect
- Fix: Google Drive quota wrong
- [Fix] Google Drive keeps crashing on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- [Fix] Google Drive says you are not signed in
- FIX: “Whoops! There was a problem previewing this document” Google Drive error
- Fix: Google Drive zip failed error
- Fix “You can’t view or download this file at this time” error in Google Drive
- Fix: Google Drive “You need permission to perform this action”
- Fix: Google Drive keeps disconnecting
Google Drive App discontinued
Google ended support for its Google Drive software for Windows and macOS on May 12.
You need to switch to the Backup & Sync app if you want to keep everything synced automatically between the cloud and your desktop. Here’s a useful guide in case Google Drive won’t sync in Windows 10, 8.1, 7.
Useful guides for Google Drive on Windows 10
- How to transfer Google Drive files with Cyberduck in Windows 10
- This software uploads OneDrive and Dropbox screenshots to Google Drive
- How to scan Google Drive for viruses
Google Drive Limit
Google offers 15GB of free space in Google Drive, which seems to be a better deal compared to 2GB from Dropbox and 10GB from Box. What’s the catch, though? Well, that 15GB limit includes not only your documents saved directly in Google Drive but also your Gmail account (messages and attachments) and Google Photos.
There is still a free option to save photos for free if you don’t mind losing the original quality. Google Photos gives users free, unlimited storage for photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution – also called the “High quality”.
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]