How do I fix the AMD GPU scaling issues for good
Many users having AMD graphic cards on their computers reported experiencing an issue with the GPU scaling. It seems that after updating their graphics cards to a specific version, the GPU scaling stops working. This issue is usually caused by incompatible installed drivers.
If you’re encountering this frustrating issue, make sure to follow our fixes.
What to do if the AMD GPU scaling doesn’t work?
1. Update Windows
- Press the Start button > open Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- If it finds any updates, let it complete the process and restart your computer.
- After rebooting your PC, check if updating Windows fixed the issue.
2. Change monitor settings
- Disable GPU scaling
- Open the monitor options and see if it offers the option to Preserve aspect ratio. If it does, enable this option and see if it fixes the issue.
3. Perform a clean uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver
- Download the AMD Cleanup Utility for your specific Windows version.
- Open the download location and run AMDCleanupUtility.exe
- When asked if you want to run the utility in Safe Mode, choose Yes.
- Select OK when asked to remove all AMD components.
- Wait for the process to finish and choose between View Report or Finish to exit the setup.
- When asked to reboot the PC, choose Yes.
- Go to the AMD official website and input your GPU details in order to download your necessary drivers.
- Install the drivers and see if it fixed the issue.
4. Perform a System Restore
- Press the Start button > open Settings
- Go to Update & Security > Recovery
- Under the Advanced startup option, click Restart now
- Wait for the computer to restart
- In the Choose an option screen, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options
- Select System Restore > Choose your account and enter the password if needed > press Continue
- Choose a restore point and start the process.
We hope that our solutions helped you fix this issue. If you found this article helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- Here’s why Microsoft pushes AMD64 specific updates to Intel PCs
- How to fix Conan Exiles stuttering and freezes on AMD CPUs
- FIX: AMD Driver Update Display Issues in Windows 10, 8.1
If you find yourself seeing the error message Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords, you came to […]