- Not long ago, in response to the Zoom surprise due to the infamous pandemic, Google decided to implement Google Meet inside Gmail.
- Because of the negative feedback from the users, Google decided to offer a way of hiding the Google Meet buttons from Gmail.
- You can do this through the app's built-in settings and we will show you how.
Not long ago, in response to the Zoom surprise due to the infamous pandemic, Google decided to implement Google Meet inside Gmail.
That made it free for everyone and capable of managing up to 100 people with no time limits in a meeting.
That was a nice move but some users either complained about losing the precious estate from the left pane or that they just don’t want to use Google Meet.
Because of the negative feedback from the users, Google decided to offer a way of hiding the Google Meet buttons from Gmail.
Whatever your reasons for removing the Google Meet buttons, read our article to find out what exactly to do to get rid of them.
How can I hide the Google Meet buttons from Gmail?
You can easily hide the Google Meets buttons via Gmail’s built-in Settings. From there, you can configure whether you want these buttons to be visible or not on the main menu.
1. Open your browser.
2. Go to Gmail.
3. Click on the Settings button (the cogwheel) from the top right corner of your Gmail window.
4. Choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu that opened.
5. In the Settings window, click on the Chat and Meet tab.
6. Tick the Hide the Meet section in the main menu checkbox.
7. Click on the Save changes button below.
8. The Gmail window will refresh and Google Meet buttons will be a thing of the past.
Of course, you can reverse this following the same steps if you change your mind and start embracing Google Meet.
How can I disable the Google Meet buttons if I’m an admin?
If you’re an admin and you want to disable the Meet options, all you need to do is to turn off the video calling from the Admin console.
In fact, if you turned it off previously, the users from the network won’t even see the buttons in the first place.
If you’re interested in how to change your display name in Google Meet, this guide will offer the necessary information.
Do you use Google Meet? Will you hide the Google Meet buttons from Gmail? Leave us your thoughts in a comment below.