HoloLens is a pair of smart glasses developed by Microsoft. They provide a mixed reality environment where digital objects can interact with physical items.
It is a popular device for many users and tech enthusiasts all around the world. However, not all is perfect with HoloLens.
Quite a few people reported a major issue with Microsoft’s product: HoloLens won’t turn on. Fortunately, the issue is not as serious as it seems.
Today we will show you what to do if HoloLens doesn’t turn on.
What can I do if HoloLens won’t start?
1. Check the battery level
Sometimes, you forget to watch the battery level. We all do this with many devices. So, check if HoloLens has enough power to start.
2. Restart HoloLens
If your device is charged but won’t turn on, try a restart by following the steps below.
- Hold the power button for 4 seconds and wait for all the battery indicators to turn off.
- Wait for one minute, and then press the power button.
If this method doesn’t work, try force restarting HoloLens.
- Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds, then press the power button again.
3. Reset the device
If the solution above doesn’t work, reset HoloLens. Resetting the device will keep the Windows Holographic software but will set all the options to factory default.
- Go to Settings, and then go to Update, and Reset.
- Select Reset device.
4. Recover with the Windows Recovery Tool
This method might take some time. Try the methods above before trying this one.
- Download and install the Windows Device Recovery Tool on your Windows 10 PC.
- Connect the device to your computer via the Micro USB cable.
- Run the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
- Follow the instructions from the tool.
As you can see, you can try several solutions to fix your problem with HoloLens. Check if the battery level is up. If your HoloLens has enough power, restart, reset or recover your device with the Windows Recovery Tool.
Keep in mind that you should follow this specific order. It is recommended that you try a simpler method (such as restarting the device), before you go to a more technical solution (such as using Windows Recovery Tool).
Did our solutions help you? Did you find another way to fix the problem? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Learn to take full advantage of HoloLens 2 with MR Playground app
- Download the HoloLens 2 emulator now and save $3,500
- Here are the best HoloLens apps available in the Microsoft Store