- A home firewall with VPN is one of the best ways to protect your entire network and ensure your online privacy.
- Thanks to the hardware firewall, you’ll protect the entire network from all types of online threats.
- Take your privacy to a whole new level with a VPN, and ensure that all your network devices are browsing the web privately.
- Do I need a firewall for my home network? The short answer is yes, and in this guide, we’ll show you the best firewall devices to get.
Having a firewall device is one of the best ways to protect your home network, and in this guide, we’ll show you the best home firewall with VPN that you can get.
There are many great firewall devices for home networks, but not all of them offer a VPN, which can be a problem, especially if you’re concerned about your online privacy.
By using a firewall device, you’ll ensure that all network devices are protected, and with VPN support, you’ll also protect the privacy of every device in your network.
What is the best home firewall with VPN for your network?
This router comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The device also supports a guest network feature, allowing you to isolate your home network from guests.
Cisco RV160W supports VPN, so it can protect the privacy of all your network devices. Thanks to the Cisco Umbrella features, this router should stop any breaches while without jeopardizing your privacy.
The device has a single Ethernet/SFP WAN port and with simple to use web and network management tools, you can easily configure your network and protect your home from all online threats.
- 4 Gigabit ports
- VPN throughput 50Mbps
- 802.11ac 2×2 standard
- Support for 10 IPSec VPN Tunnels
- Simple to configure
- Wi-Fi can be slow for some users
If you need a home firewall with VPN, you might want to consider Linksys WRT3200ACM. This router comes with 4 Ethernet ports, 2.4GHz up to 600Mbps, and 5GHz up to 2600Mbsp Wi-Fi.
Thanks to the open-source firmware, you can easily configure your router to work as a VPN, turn it into a web server, manage the network traffic or use it to detect network intrusions.
Managing your router is rather simple, and you can do it with a dedicated iOS/Android app. You can also use the app to configure device priority or to restrict Internet access with parental controls.
- Open-source firmware
- VPN support
- Dedicated phone app
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Parental controls
- Minor issues with overheating for some users
This router comes with 1 Gigabit WAN port, 3 Gigabit WAN/LAN ports, and a single Gigabit LAN port. The device has a built-in firewall, as well as DoS defense, and IP/MAC/URL filtering.
TP-Link TL-R605 supports up to 20x Lan-to-LAN IPsec, 16x OpenVPN, 16x L2TP, and 16x PPTP VPN connections. Thanks to the auto IPSec VPN, you can easily protect all devices in your network.
Bandwidth control and Session Limit feature are also available allowing you to easily manage and optimize your bandwidth and make sure that your network is working without any slowdowns.
- Support for VPN
- Omada SND
- Cloud-based Controller
- Five Gigabit ports
- Powerful firewall and filtering feature
- No built-in Wi-Fi
Another great home firewall with VPN support is ZyXEL USG20W-VPN. The device has 1 Gigabit WAN port and 4 Gigabit LAN ports, as well as one SFP Gigabit Fiber port.
Regarding Wi-Fi, this router has 802.11ac Wi-Fi with single-radio dual-band support. VPN is available, and it supports IPsec/L2TP up to 10 connections, and SSL up to 5 connections.
As for the VPN speed, you can achieve up to 90Mbps. In terms of firewall, there’s a 350Mbps SPI firewall which should be perfect for home users or small offices.
- 1x Gigabit WAN port, 4x Gigabit LAN ports, 1x Gigabit SFP port
- VPN up to 90Mbps, support for IPsec/L2TP, SSL
- High-performance SPI firewall
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with dual-band support
- Easy to use browser-based configuration
- Firewall interface could use some improvement
This firewall device comes with IPS functionality up to 100Mbps and its own IDS. Using these features, all network devices in your home will be protected against online threats.
This includes viruses, malware, hacking attacks, phishing attempts, and data theft. For extra privacy, you can use OpenVPN to protect all devices in your network.
With Firewalla Red dedicated app you can easily monitor bandwidth usage by device, and limit network usage or block certain websites thanks to the built-in Parental Control feature.
- Easy to install and use
- IPS and IDS functionality up to 100Mbps
- Offers protection malware protection for all network devices
- Parental controls
- OpenVPN support
- Not compatible with all routers
Having a hardware firewall is the best method to protect your network against all online threats, and we hope that this guide helped you find the right device for your needs.
What home firewall with VPN do you use? Let us know in the comments section below.