How to use Microsoft Wallet on Windows 10 Mobile
Microsoft has finally rolled out a functional version of its Wallet app, allowing Windows 10 phone owners to actually use all the features listed on the Microsoft Store. For the time being, the new Wallet app is only available to Insiders running the Windows 10 Mobile build 14360 or higher. Microsoft will roll out the app to the general public with the Anniversary Update.
The Wallet app has been available on the Microsoft Store for quite some time, but it was extremely unpopular due to its lack of functional features. Fortunately, the tech giant finally released its Wallet app to Insiders, bringing contactless mobile payments to its platform long after Apple and Google made that possible for their users.
The Wallet app brings the following features:
- pay contactless using you default credit or debit card
- store as many credit and debit cards as you want
- store reward and membership cards
- support for Visa and MasterCard cards issued by the major banks, with more banks to come
- the phone app doesn’t store neither your card numbers nor your PIN code, so your money is safe in case you lose your phone.
How to get started
- Open the Wallet app
- For Payment or Loyalty & Tickets, swipe right or left.
- To add a new card, tap the “+” sign in the bottom of the screen.
- A pop-up windows will allow you to choose “Credit or debit card”, or “Loyalty or membership card”.
- If you want to add a rewards or loyalty card, you need to select it from a list of supported loyalty programs. You can manually add your card, if the program doesn’t appear on the list.
- The card number can be added manually or you can have your Windows 10 phone scan it for you.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Surface Membership Plans offer cheap payment plans and attractive discounts for businesses
- Acer security breach compromises US credit card numbers and dates of expiry
- Bank of America app comes to Windows 10
Google released Chrome75 just a few days ago. The search giant is now working to bring some amazing new features in the upcoming release. You […]
The Microsoft Edge Dev Team recently held an interesting AMA session on Reddit answering users’ questions. This AMA session revealed many juicy details about the […]