- Error codes 3, 503, or 504 are frequent when streaming movies on Hulu.
- Most times, they indicate a problem with the Internet connection, but other causes are possible.
- We are documenting most of the errors that can appear while streaming, so keep an eye on our Hulu dedicated section.
- Also, check out our video streaming related articles in our Streaming Hub.
Highly popular streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime require a very good Internet connection.
Internet speed can, however, fluctuate due to various reasons such as maintenance works or old equipment.
When this is the case, and you are trying to stream Hulu TV shows or movies, you will usually get an error. Sometimes it is displayed as Error code 3 and also associated with the more common errors like 503 (service unavailable) or 504 (gateway timeout error).
How can I fix error codes 3, 503, and 504?
1. Check Internet connectivity
- Turn off all devices connected to your home network.
- Close all background apps or other programs.
- Then, place the modem or router near your device.
- Or connect your device to the router using an Ethernet cable.
2. Perform a power cycle
A complete power cycle improves streaming conditions by restoring the functionality of all devices and network connections. Therefore, switch off your devices (including modem and router). Wait a few minutes, then switch them back on and see if it helped.
We recommend this step just for reassurance since most probably the problem should be solved with the previous fixes. Yet, keeping your Hulu app updated is essential to ensure a seamless performance.
As a last resort, uninstall the app and reinstall it on your media player.
Having mentioned all the above, don’t forget that sometimes the error can occur on Hulu‘s end. In this case, you just have to wait for the service to restore the connection.
FAQ: Learn more about streaming issues on Hulu
- What does Hulu error 5 mean?
Both error 5 and error 3 are common errors on Hulu. They are caused by poor network connection or problems with the streaming devices.
- What is Hulu error code P Dev 320?
Hulu error code P Dev 320 is a streaming error that can appear on any device, anytime you are using the service. Updating the app and the browser, clearing cookies & cache, or checking the internet connection are some basic troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
- Why does my Hulu keep saying connection error?
Because the service may encounter a connection error. It’s recommended to check if your device is still connected to the Internet. Also, you can unplug your streaming devices and switch off your router and then power them on again.