- Hulu is an excellent video-sharing platform that you can watch in the US.
- However, you might be tempted to switch to another similar service if you can't watch a particular movie or TV show.
- Using proxies is unsafe and will be easily detected by the Hulu service.
Hulu is an excellent video-streaming service you can use to watch original movies and T.V. shows. Unfortunately, not all Hulu videos might be available at your location.
If you stumble upon an error that prevents you from watching specific movies or T.V. series on Hulu, you might be tempted to drop this video-sharing website and replace it with something else.
Before doing that, however, try using a VPN to get past the geographical restrictions and watch Hulu from anywhere in the world. Although it’s tempting to use a free VPN, we strongly advise against it because it comes with many risks.
But a premium VPN is different. You can trust it to secure your network traffic, protect your online privacy, and defend yourself from hacker attacks.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Why won’t Hulu let me change my home location?
There are a few reasons why you may be interested in changing your location on Hulu, but sadly some users have found this impossible. Usually, this could be because of any one of the following:
- You have maxed the number of available changes – In a calendar year, you can not change your location more than 4 times. So if it is your fifth change, you should be wary of this.
- You Live outside the U.S. – This goes without saying. However, since the service works in the U.S., it may be complicated to try a home located outside the U.S.
- Connecting with a mobile network or commercial Wi-Fi – This has triggered many users’ errors, and you should change to a different network.
- You are using a proxy or VPN – If you use a VPN, you must use one strong enough to bypass Hulu surveillance; if not, you may get restricted and wouldn’t be able to change your home location.
Is Hulu live T.V. region-locked?
Hulu + Live T.V. transmits about the broadest range of local networks on any streaming service, including NBC, Fox News, ABC, CBS, and Telemundo.
Regional sports coverage is also available, including the local NBC sports stations. And you may view the local channels via the service T.V. guide.
How do you bypass this content that is not available in your location?
1. Use a paid VPN service
- Get a subscription plan for a premium VPN (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download, set up, and launch the VPN.
- Connect to a VPN server outside of your country.
- Start watching Hulu.
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs you can use to watch blocked content. With this VPN, you can get a new IP location almost anywhere in the world with just a few clicks.
You can choose one of the VPN servers in more than 90 countries so you can watch content from anywhere you want, on any platform you want.
ExpressVPN offers advanced user features like split tunneling, kill switch, and threat manager, as well as detailed guides for basic user features with easy changing of IP location, and unlimited bandwidth.
Importantly, you’ll not get the error – Hulu is not available in your region or you may be using a VPN.
What else you must know about Express:
- Advanced leak protection
- VPN split tunneling
- No-logs policy
- Network Lock kill switch
- Best-in-class AES 256-bit encryption
- Private DNS
Watch anything you want on Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go, and many others.
2. Change your VPN server
If you are using a VPN already, but a Hulu video is still unavailable in this location, this solution may help. First, log into your VPN and connect to a different server.
This is helpful because you may sometimes be connected to a restricted country server and have forgotten to change back to a U.S. server before accessing Hulu. Once you change the server, you should have unrestricted access.
3. Use Browser extensions
- Launch your browser (we use Chrome).
- Navigate to the Chrome Store.
- Type Hulu VPN in the search box and hit Enter.
- Select one of the options, we suggest Wachee, but there are several others you may try.
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
- Click Add extension to confirm.
- Now click on the extension icon, make sure the location is set to the United States, then click Connect.
- Now you can stream Hulu.
Note that you will have a streaming limit if you use the trial version. However, this option is an easy Hulu location trick.
4. Use proxy websites
Using a proxy is different from a VPN. While both aim at hiding your I.P. address, a proxy website will not encrypt your data. But browsing Hulu via one is sometimes successful.
However, we must note that while some users have tried to use a proxy to bypass location restrictions, most users have gotten the message: You appear to be using an anonymous proxy tool. Disable any anonymous proxies you may use, then try streaming Hulu again.
So this would not be your preferred alternative all the time.
How often can I change my Hulu home location?
You can now update your Home network or use Hulu’s streaming selection of T.V. episodes and movies.
However, in 12 months, you are allowed to switch the Home network a maximum of four times. However, you should contact Hulu support if you need further support, and they may be able to help you.
That is as far as we will discuss in this article. However, using these solutions helps you avoid a Hulu location error.
To summarize, you can use a reliable VPN like PIA to ensure your online privacy and digital security to unblock videos on Hulu and any other video-sharing platform. A VPN will also be helpful if the Hulu app is unavailable in your region or Hulu is not working on a smart T.V. Also you might want to check the best free VPNs for Hulu.
A VPN is also practical for keeping you safe from cyber-criminals, especially if you frequently travel and must connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots that aren’t password-protected.
In the comment section, let’s know if you have succeeded in using a VPN on Hulu.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.