- Users are wondering how to install the Acer monitor driver since it affects its performance.
- Downloading and installing the drivers from the official manufacturer's website is one of the surest ways.
- Updating the drivers from Device Manager is yet another quick yet effective way.
Keeping your drivers updated is important, and the Acer monitor is no different. This ensures proper functionality and prevents issues from occurring.
However, it is one thing to know you need the driver, it is another thing to install it. This guide will show you how to install the latest version of your Acer monitor driver.
Do I need an Acer monitor driver?
You can benefit from the best device performance only if the associated drivers are fully updated.
However, Acer only advises downloading and installing a driver or updating to the latest version if you are having issues with the plug-and-play driver.
Also, you can install the Acer monitor driver if you have issues with the color quality. Else, the plug-and-play driver should do.
How do I install the Acer monitor driver?
1. From the manufacturers’ website
- Open your browser and go to the official Acer driver download section.
- Type your device details in the search box and press Enter.
- Download the latest available driver for your device.
- Now, unzip the download file.
- From here, press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Click the arrow next to the Monitors option to expand it, and right-click your Acer device.
- Choose the Update driver option.
- Select the Browse my computer for drivers option.
- Now, click the Browse button.
- Next, select the folder with the extracted files and click OK.
- Finally, wait for the installation to complete.
2. Use Device Manager
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK.
- Expand the Monitors section and right-click your Acer monitor.
- Now, select Update driver.
- Finally, click on Search automatically for drivers and install any available updates.
Windows has a feature that allows you to install the latest version of your drivers, including the Acer monitor driver. While this option might not find the update needed sometimes, it is usually reliable.
3. Use a third-party tool
Correctly updating the drivers is essential to ensure that the system will work properly and there will be no long-term damages made.
Manually installing your Acer monitor driver can be prone to human errors. Also, it can be time-consuming, which many users complain about.
Thus, using a dedicated third-party tool that automatically updates all faulty drivers and install the missing ones is the most reliable and efficient method.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.
To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
With this last recommendation, we will conclude our article. We hope the information above helped you successfully download and install the Acer monitor driver.
If you want to know how to update Acer Predator Helios 300 drivers, check our detailed guide to make the process effortless.
Feel free to let us know if you encounter any problems installing your driver in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.