- If you’re wondering how to update drivers for Acer Predator Helios 300 laptops, there are six different ways to achieve your goal.
- Users can update Acer Predator drivers by manually downloading them from company websites.
- Others might prefer to update Acer Predator Helios 300 drivers with third-party software.
- Windows 10 also includes a built-in utility to update drivers for Acer Predator Helios 300 laptops.
Originally released in 2017, the Predator Helios 300 is a great value gaming laptop that Acer updates with new models.
To ensure tip-top gaming performance from a Helios 300, you should at least keep its graphics, sound, game support (Visual C++ & NET Framework), and network device drivers update.
There are various ways you can update device drivers for an Acer Predator Helios 300 and any other Windows 10 PC.
Helios 300 also comes with a few pre-installed apps you can update its device drivers with. These are six different ways you can update the drivers for a Predator Helios 300 laptop.
How can I update device drivers for my Predator Helios 300?
1. Utilize driver updater software
Updating drivers with driver updater software is the most straightforward method. A driver updater utility will scan your Helios 300 laptop and list all its devices with outdated or faulty drivers. Then you can select to automatically update drivers for specific or all devices listed.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Manually update drivers for the Helios 300
Download the drivers
- First, bring up the Windows 10 search box by clicking the magnifying glass taskbar button for that tool.
- Next, type system information within the search text box.
- Click System in the search findings to open the Control Panel applet shown directly below.
- Note down the system model detail for your PC, which will be something like Predator PH315-51.
- Open the Acer website within a web browser.
- Click the Drivers and Manuals link near the bottom of the Acer website (included within the service hyperlinks).
- Then enter the Helios 300 model you noted down from the System Control Panel applet in the device serial number text box.
- Press the Find button to open the Drivers and Manuals page for your Predator Helios 300 laptop.
- Click the All link.
- Then click Driver to expand a list of drivers you can download from the Acer website.
- Click the Download link for a driver.
- Next, select a folder to download the driver’s ZIP package to; and press the Save button.
Extract and install the drivers
- Click File Explorer’s taskbar button (the one with the folder icon).
- Open the folder you downloaded the driver’s ZIP archive to.
- Double-click the driver’s ZIP archive.
- Then press the Extract all button to open an Extract Compressed window.
- Press the Browse button to select a ZIP extraction path.
- Select the Show extracted files when complete checkbox.
- Click the Extract option.
- Thereafter, click the installer file for the downloaded driver from in the extracted folder.
- Go through the setup wizard to install the driver.
Acer’s website doesn’t include all device drivers for the Predator Helios 300. You’ll also need to download drivers from other company websites, such as NVIDIA and Intel, for certain PC devices.
Look for the download sections on the device manufacturers’ websites to download the latest drivers.
3. Update drivers via Device Manager
- Right-click your Start button to select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.
- Then double-click a device category you want to update drivers for.
- Right-click a listed device and select the Update driver option to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option on the window. Windows will then install a newer driver for the selected device if its search discovers one.
4. Check for the Windows 10 updates
- First, open Settings by clicking the cog button on the left side of Windows 10’s Start menu.
- Select Update & Security to open a Windows Update tab in Settings.
- Click Check for updates to find available patch updates. Select to download and install any available patch updates.
- Also, click View optional updates option within the Windows Update tab to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Driver updates to view a list of device drivers you can choose to install.
- Select the drivers’ checkboxes, and click the Download and install button.
5. Update drivers with Acer Care Center
- The Acer Care Center is a pre-installed app on Predator Helios 300 laptops with which you can update drivers. To find that app, click Windows 10’s Start button.
- Then click Care Center on the Start menu’s app list to open the window in the screenshot directly below.
- Click the Update box to open the utility shown directly below.
- Press the Check now button.
- Thereafter, click Update all to install available updates.
6. Update Nvidia drivers with GeForce Experience
- GeForce Experience is another pre-installed app on Predator Helios 300 PCs, which is ideal for updating Nvidia GPU device drivers. You can open that app by clicking the NVIDIA Corporation folder and GeForce Experience on the Start menu.
- Press the Get Started button within the GeForce Experience window.
- Then click the Log in with NVIDIA button.
- If you don’t have a NVIDIA account, you’ll need to click the Create Account option to set one up.
- Enter your email address and NVIDIA account password in the required boxes, and click the Log in button.
- Click Drivers near the top left of the GeForce Experience window.
- Press the Download button for an available GeForce GameReady Driver.
- Finally, select the Express Installation option.
You can only update NVIDIA device drivers with GeForce Experience.
So, you can update a Predator Helios 300’s device drivers much the same as any other Windows 10 PC. However, some of the apps that come with Acer Predator PCs provide additional options for updating drivers.
Select whatever driver update method suits you best and let us know your choice in the comments area below.