How to install and use Foobar2000 VST plugin [EXPERT GUIDE]
Foobar2000 is a very useful and powerful audio player that can be customized with a VST plugin. The VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugin allows you full control over the applied audio effects.
This software is extremely efficient when it comes to audio and video decoding, allowing you to customize the way this software works and sounds. Besides the VST plugin, you can also apply a wide range of other modules/plugins in order to get access to additional features.
Even though its modular structure gives Foobar2000 one of its biggest advantages, it can become overwhelming to manage all the plugins and each of their capabilities. For this reason, in this article we will look at different aspects of using Foobar2000 with the VST plugin. Read on to find out more.
How to install Foobar2000 VST plugins? Installing a VST plugin for Foobar2000 is quite simple and you just have to download Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter and Kjaerhus Audio VST pack. To install the plugins, open the Foobar2000 settings window and add the plugins to the Components section.
How can I install Foobar2000 VST plugins on Windows 10?
How to download and install Foobar2000 VST plugin?
- In order to download the Foobar player, you will need to visit the official Foobar2000 download page. Then click on the download button under the Latest stable version section.
- Save the executable file on your hard-drive, and then open the installer.
- Go through the entire installation process, and then click Finish.
- Download the Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter.
- Next, you need to download the Kjaerhus Audio VST pack.
- Open Foobar2000, then click on File from the top menu and select Preferences.
- Drag and drop the first archive you downloaded (foo_vst_0903.zip), into Foobar2000 components list.
- Click the Apply button, and restart Foobar2000.
- Extract the files from the Kjaerhus Audio VSTs archive.
- Inside Foobar2000, click on File > Preferences > Advanced > Components > VST Plugins > Add.
- Double-click on one of the .dll files extracted from the Kaerhus Audio archive > click Apply > restart Foobar2000.
How to use the VST plugin?
- In order to view the VST window, you need to click on File > Preferences, and under the Playback tab, you will find the DSP Manager.
- In the Available DSPs list, you will be able to find the .dll file you installed previously (Step 11). In my case, it is a file called GAC-1.
- In the Active DSP list, click on the three dotted lines to see the VST.
- If you followed the steps above correctly, you should be able to see this type of window after clicking the dotted lines.
- All done! Now you are ready to edit and customize every aspect of your audio experience on Foobar2000.
In this article we showed you the best way to set up Foobar VST plugin on your PC. The process might be a bit lengthy, but as long as you follow the instructions carefully, you shouldn’t have any problems. Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you in the comments section below.
- You can now download Foobar2000 for Windows 10 from the Store
- 5 best software to quantize audio [2019 List]
- Best music apps for Windows 10
Everything is better when done with your friends, and video games are no exception. While there are many online multiplayer games available for all the […]
Sometimes while trying to start Steam you might encounter Steam failed to add firewall exception error. This error will prevent you from starting Steam, and […]
Microsoft’s browsers have changed a lot over the time. From the clunky UI and useless features a few years ago, to a minimalist design and […]