4 best software to quantize audio [2018 List]
Quantizing audio involves tightening up the feel of an audio track. Generally, there are two different approaches to audio quantize, and you can also find a combination of the two: with or without time stretching.
The best results depend according to the material that you are modifying. Time stretching involves cutting a piece of audio and putting it somewhere else.
Quantizing without time stretching will usually work better with percussion and with time stretching, it works the best with sounds with more substantial decay. There are a lot of programs that quantize audio, and we chose four of the best so make sure you check out their sets of features before you make your final decision.
AudioSnap provides a few ways to quantize audio, and this program is quite easy to use even for beginners.
Take a look at the extended set of features that are included in this software below:
- You will be able to quantize audio to the project’s Time Rules, and this is great for tightening up a performance inside a project that already comes with a fixed tempo or a varying tempo.
- You will also be able to copy the feel of one track and apply it to another tune, and there are more ways in which you can accomplish this using the software.
- It’s important to note that you can only quantize to one rhythmic value at a time.
- If you don’t want to quantize all the beats from a song, you can temporarily disable any transient markers that you don’t want to quantize.
- There is also the Groove Quantize command included in the software, and this aligns transients with a groove that is on the Clipboard or a previously created groove file.
- You have the option of extracting the groove from one clip and apply it to another one, and you can follow the steps described on AudioSnap’s official website.
- There’s the option of quantizing multi-tracked drums without stretching audio, and all the necessary steps are described on the software’s website as well.
On Cakewalk’s official website you will find a lot more information about the program’s features, and there are also all the steps necessary for running AudioSnap as efficiently as possible. Get the software and starting testing how it works.
Steinberg Cubase is another software that allows users to quantize audio tracks and everything you need to know on how to use this software is explained in-depth on the product’s official website.
Quantization is usually used in audio production, and it allows you to align notes and beats to obtain a more accurate timing, and it’s interesting to find out that this is mostly used on Midi applications besides audio files.
For instance, if you have a bunch of audio files that you recorded at a drum session and you want to mix them in your studio, you may notice that some drum parts are out of beat and you will have to apply quantization to that drum part. Of course, you will be able to do that using Cubase.
Check out other amazing features and functionalities that are included in this software:
- This program is placed at the cutting-edge of the professional market.
- You have to open a new project and import the audio files and then select the folder where the audio files are located and open it.
- After the Import Options Window pops up, you have to choose Different Tracks, and the tracks will open in the project.
You can apply quantization to your audio files, and everything you need to know about how to do this is described on the website. Try Steinberg Cubase and quantize your audio files to see how great the results will be.
Ableton Live 10
This is another great software that allows you to quantize audio tracks and more. Using this software, you can create bolder sounds, and you will be able to stay in the flow with various workflow improved features.
You will get the opportunity to perform all kinds of actions while you are away from your computer using the Push functionality. You will also be able to build your own sound with a curated library and get the fantastic potential of Max for Live which is built-in the software.
Check out the best features that are packed in Live 10:
- Live 10 is a flexible program for music creation and enhanced performance.
- This software packs a lot of effects, instruments and creative features as well for making all kinds of music.
- You will be able to create in a traditional linear arrangement, but you will also get the chance to improvise without being constrained by a timeline.
- Live’s Session View allows you to move freely between musical ideas and keep your flow.
- Regardless of your skill level, Live will definitely help you get the music from your head out of your speakers.
- Live’s Session View allows you to mix and match all kinds of musical ideas and you can play MIDI and audio loops of various lengths.
- In The Arrangement View, you will be able to organize music along a timeline.
- You can also capture MIDI notes after you have played them and Live’s audio to MIDI features will allow you to turn drum breaks and harmony parts into MIDI.
- You will be able to change the tempo and timing of any audio in real-time, and you won’t even have to stop the music while you are doing it.
- The software lets you mix and match loops from various tempos, to fix errors and reshape any audio.
There are a lot more features and functionalities included in Live 10, and you can check them all out on the official website of this tool.
PreSonus StudioOne 3
StudioOne 3 comes packed with all the features and functionalities that you would expect from a modern digital audio powerhouse. This software was built for creative music enthusiasts, and it’s targeted at music production.
Check out the best features that are included in this tool below:
- It comes with a user-friendly interface that will allow you to create music effortlessly instead of having to struggle to make your way in a bloated interface.
- You will notice that the sound quality is unparalleled and the most common comments that come from musicians and producers back this up.
- On the program’s Start page, you will be able to access recent Songs and Projects, and you can also start new ones.
- You can adjust hardware settings and check your online progress and stay in touch with the latest news.
- This program will help you develop new skills via tutorials and demos.
- Everything that you could possibly need is located on the Song page, and this means that you won’t have to juggle various windows.
- You can create backing tracks that will automatically sync to your song tempo.
- StudioOne’s updated browser provides keyboard-based musical search, and almost 10,000 audio and music loops.
There are more exciting features and functionalities packed in this software, and you can check them all out on StudioOne’s official website, the same place where you can buy this great tool.
These are four of the best programs for quantizing audio tracks, and they all come with their amazing sets of features, so make sure to analyze them before you pick the best software for your musical needs.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Quantize audio software for Windows 10
Many Windows 10 users choose to rely on Windows Defender for malware and virus protection. According to the latest real-world AV-Comparatives tests, they actually made a […]
We all know that Edge is Microsoft’s favorite browser of all times, but many users refuse to use it as their default browser. Google Chrome […]
Microsoft recently reached a major milestone in machine translation: its AI algorithms managed to translate news from Chinese into English as well as human translators. […]