Foobar2000 is an audio player for Windows that gained its popularity thanks to its highly modular design, extensive user flexibility regarding configuration options, a vast set of features and a highly customizable user interface. Now, you can download this freeware from the Microsoft Store.
Foobar2000 main features
This classic music player has been in development since back in 2002 and now you can find it in the Microsoft Store. Here are the most important features of this app:
- Foobar2000 supports an extensive number of audio file formats including MP3, MP4/M4A, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack.
- The freeware comes packed with a lot of features and functionalities for organizing files, folders, and metadata.
- It also comes with a converter interface for use with command line encoders.
- In order to maximize the audio fidelity in cases in which resampling or downscaling in bit depth is necessary, the app offers noise shaping and dithering.
- Foobar2000 provides gapless playback.
- It also comes with advanced tagging capabilities.
- The music player also provides support for ReplayGain.
- It comes with lots of customizable features including customizable keyboard shortcuts.
Support for loading add-on components is not enabled
The only downside of this music player may be the fact that the Microsoft Store version of Foobar2000 does not support loading add-on components, for the moment. In case you require more components, it’s recommended that you get the regular installer from the software’s official website.
The app promises to address this issue as soon as possible via a future update. On the app’s official site, you can also see an announcement saying that Foobar2000 is now experimentally available in the Microsoft Store and that the app does not support loading more components yet.
You can download Foobar2000 for free from the Microsoft Store. It comes in packed 4.64 MB.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Popular media player ‘foobar2000’ now available on Windows 10
- Looking for the best Windows 7 audio player? Here are our top picks