How to install MIDI drivers for Windows 10
What is a MIDI Driver?
MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. MIDI drivers were originally made to control keyboards from a computer. MIDI drivers have evolved over the years and are now used by millions of people across the planet.
How to install MIDI drivers on Windows 10
Most hardware are plug and play. This means that they just plug into the computer and the computer will install the correct drivers. This doesn’t always work out in the users’ favor and the diver has to be downloaded from a different source. Before taking the time to look for a driver perform the following tasks to trouble shoot the issue:
- Navigate to the task bar search box
- Type Troubleshoot
- Select Troubleshoot from the list
- Select Hardware and Devices from the Troubleshooter >
- Once the troubleshooter opens click Next
- Select the program that is not functioning from the populated list
- Select the desired trouble shooting option
The troubleshooter will test the program to ensure that it is working. Run the compatibility troubleshooter for any other programs that are not compatible.
Not Compatible? Not a Problem
So you’ve tried to run the troubleshooter and it didn’t work. That’s okay, get back up and try again. There is a way to make your program compatible with your version of Windows. Here’s how to do it:
- Click in the task bar search box
- Type Run Programs
- Select Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows
- This will open the Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen prompts
Ensure that you run the Compatibility Troubleshooter for each program needing drivers.
Run in Compatibility Mode
Most programs have the option to run in compatibility mode. To get your program to run in this mode, perform the following tasks:
- Find the program that you’re looking to run in Compatibility mode
- Right click on the program and Select Properties
- Click on the Compatibility Tab
- Click on the box under compatibility mode
- Select the version of windows that the program is able to work on
- Click on Apply
Search for Drivers
If all else fails manually installing drivers is your next option. Manual installation of drivers can be dangerous if you are downloading drivers from a unknown or unrecognized source. Ensure that all drivers are downloaded from trusted resources such as manufacturers websites.
When All Else Fails
MIDI drivers are significantly harder to install in Windows 10 due to a number of compatibility issues. Each one of the fixes mentioned in this article could potentially fix the issue for your driver. If you’ve run out of options call the manufacturer for your device and ask for assistance or for a location of compatible drivers.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to install Samsung Galaxy S7 drivers for Windows 10
- How to install Windows 7/8.1 updates on Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs
- Windows 10 Creators Update randomly uninstalls drivers and apps
Christmas brings family and friends together. If your friends or family members are taking the plane to come to your place, then make sure that […]
E-Prime is a premium psychology software tool. It’s used for creating and conducting experiments in this scientific branch. There are rare errors occurring during the […]
If you’re looking for a nice Christmas gift for CoD fans, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick buying guide, we’re going to […]