Fix: DRIVER_VIOLATION error on Windows 10
Computer errors are relatively common, and while certain errors are harmless, some of them, such as DRIVER_VIOLATION BSoD error, can cause many problems on Windows 10. Blue Screen of Death errors are somewhat rare, but they can be troublesome, therefore it’s important to know how to deal with them.
How to fix DRIVER_VIOLATION BSoD error
Quick solution to fix various errors in Windows 10
- Step 1: Download this PC Scan & Repair tool
- Step 2: Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing BSOD errors in Windows 10
- Step 3: Click “Start Repair” to fix all issues (requires upgrade).
Solution 1 – Make sure that your drivers are up to date
Updating drivers is crucial for system stability, and if your drivers are out of date, buggy or simply not compatible with Windows 10, that can cause instability issues and Blue Screen of Death errors such as DRIVER_VIOLATION. To fix this and other BSoD errors, it’s important that you keep your drivers up to date. You can easily download the necessary drivers simply by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard to open Power User Menu. Select Device Manager from the list of options.
- When Device Manager starts, locate the driver you want to update, right click it and choose Update Driver Software.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows 10 will now download and install the appropriate driver.
- Repeat these steps for all drivers that you want to update.
Updating drivers with Device Manager is pretty simple, but bear in mind that Device Manager doesn’t always download the latest drivers. To ensure that you have the latest drivers installed, we strongly suggest that you download your drivers manually.
Downloading drivers manually isn’t hard, and all that you have to do is to visit your hardware manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your device. To fix this and many other BSoD errors, you might have to update all drivers on your PC.
Updating all your drivers might sometimes be long and tedious process, but you can download all the necessary drivers by using this Driver Update software that updates all your drivers with just a single click.
Solution 2 – Download the latest Windows 10 updates
Many operating systems have some issues with certain hardware or software, and Windows 10 is no exception. Fortunately, Microsoft is working hard to fix these issues, and it’s frequently releasing new patches through Windows Update. These patches contain new features, security improvements and many bug fixes related to both hardware and software, therefore in order to avoid BSoD errors, we strongly suggest that you keep your Windows 10 up to date.
Solution 3 – Remove problematic software
Third-party applications can cause errors such as DRIVER_VIOLATION to appear, and if you’re having these errors we suggest that you remove any recently installed or updated applications. Most common cause for these types of errors can be your antivirus, therefore we advise you to remove all third-party antivirus programs that you have installed. To completely remove an antivirus program from your PC, we advise you to use a dedicated uninstaller tool. Many antivirus companies offer these tools for their software, therefore we strongly advise that you download and use one of these tools for your antivirus.
It’s worth mentioning that almost any application can cause this error to appear, therefore you might want to perform a clean boot in order to find the problematic application. To perform clean boot, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Press Enter or click OK.
- When System Configuration window opens select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
- Go to Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services and then click the Disable all button.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes. If you’re asked to restart your computer, choose not to.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- When Task Manager opens go to Startup tab and right click each item on the list and choose Disable from the menu.
- Once you disable all startup applications restart your computer.
When your computer restarts, check if the issue is resolved. If the BSoD error doesn’t appear, you need to repeat the same steps and enable services and applications one by one until you find the one that is causing this error to appear.
Solution 4 – Update your BIOS
Updating BIOS unlocks the new features of your motherboard, and it allows it to work with new hardware. Several users reported that updating their BIOS fixed the DRIVER_VIOLATION Blue Screen of Death error, so be sure to try that. Bear in mind that updating BIOS can sometimes cause damage if you’re not careful, so be extra cautions and be sure to check your motherboard manual for instructions.
Solution 5 – Check your hardware
Blue Screen of Death errors are often caused by your hardware, especially if that hardware isn’t compatible with your PC. Few users reported that TV card was causing this error, and after removing the aforementioned card, the issue was completely resolved. Bear in mind that almost any hardware component can cause these types of errors to appear, so we advise you to perform a detailed hardware inspection.
If you’re still having issues with your hardware or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we strongly recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure, but also file loss and malware.
DRIVER_VIOLATION Blue Screen of Death error can cause certain problems on your PC, but you can easily fix this error by using one of your solutions.
- Fix: ‘Element Not Found’ Error in Windows 10
- Fix: Winload.efi Error is Preventing Users from Resetting or Refreshing my Computer
- Fix: Unable to Shutdown Due to a DDE Server Window: Explorer.exe Application Error
- Fix Error Code 0x80248014 Problems in Windows 10
- Fix: PCI_BUS_DRIVER_INTERNAL error on Windows 10
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]
Because we all love listening to our favorite music, it is very important to be able to organize our music library. This task has become […]
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]