Microsoft recently rolled out a new Windows 10 Redstone 4 build, adding a few cosmetic improvements to the existing features, as well as a long list of bug fixes.
Windows 10 build 17025 is available for Fast Ring Insiders and those who opted in to Skip Ahead.
This build revamps Ease of Access Settings, grouping related settings together and thus allowing you to find settings more quickly. Microsoft also improved setting descriptions to help you easily understand the available accessibility features.
Second, the Advanced options under Settings > Apps & Features have also been improved so that UWP apps now display all available tasks and their status.
Third, following user feedback, Microsoft Yahei is the font the Redmond giant now uses to display Windows UI text in Chinese Simplified.
Windows 10 build 17025 bug fixes:
As far as the bug fixes are concerned, here are the most important ones:
- Microsoft e fixed the issue where if you RDP into a PC running this build with certain GPU configurations, when you go to sign in to the PC locally it will appear stuck at a black screen with only the cursor available.
- The issue resulting in the touch feedback appearing visually corrupted has been fixed.
- The bug where using an app in mini mode would result in the taskbar appearing on top of a remote desktop session has also been fixed.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where clean installing Windows while not connected to the internet might result in default Start tiles showing download arrows indefinitely.
- Toggling some DX9/DX10/DX11 games between windowed and fullscreen should no longer result in the black game windows on certain PCs.
- Insiders with x86 PCs should no longer experience a blue screen with a HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED error when upgrading to the previous flight.
- Microsoft Edge is faster now and won’t take an unexpectedly long time to load new pages.
For more information about the full changelog, check out Microsoft’s blog post.
If you already installed build 17025 and you encountered various bugs, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Your Insider preview build settings need attention
- Fix: Your Microsoft Account requires attention to get insider builds