- If you're using a Mac computer, but still want to see how Windows 10 looks like, you can use Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac. This way, you'll be able to install Windows 10 on the virtual machine on your Mac.
- This software offers the best privacy settings for Windows 10 through Parallels 11 on Mac and will allow users to test the latest version of Windows 10 without overwriting their existing Boot Camp.
- Learn all there is to know about virtualization from our Virtual Machine section.
- If you want to stay up to date with all the tips & tricks from the IT world, come to our Tech Tutorials Hub.
If you’re using a Mac computer, but still want to see how Windows 10 looks like, we have some great news for you. With Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac, you’ll be able to install Windows 10 on the virtual machine on your Mac.
Parallels announced that recently that its virtual machine software for Mac computers, Parallels Desktop 15 got a very important update in the form of experimental support for Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system.
You can use Mac and Parallels to reinstall Windows or to do a Windows job.
This software offers the best privacy settings for Windows 10 through Parallels 11 on Mac and will allow users to test the latest version of Windows 10 without overwriting their existing Boot Camp or creating the new partition just for the system, but to safely install it on Parallels’ virtual machine.
This update will give you the ability to try the new preview of Microsoft Office for Windows 10, which includes the improved versions of Word, Excel , and PowerPoint, and other new features of Windows 10.
Parallels Desktop 15 also gives Mac users the chance to try Microsoft’s personal assistant, Cortana, and compare it with Apple’s VA, Siri, which is great if you like to experiment with your system.
Installing operating systems on the virtual machines before installing them on actual computers has become a trend lately. But it is indeed a more practical way to determine which operating system fits you.
Maybe using Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Preview on Parallels Desktop 15 will not change your choice of operating system, but it will certainly give you the insight in other OS and all it’s good and bad sides.
But unfortunately, Parallels Desktop 15 is not free, it is available to purchase from the Parallels’ website for $79.99. There is also a special pricing plan for students and users of previous versions of Parallels Desktop. But you can always try a free trial version, which can be downloaded from here.
FAQ: Read more about installing Windows on a Mac
- Can I install Windows on Mac without BootCamp?
- Can I use BootCamp without a USB?
It’s a lot easier to load the Windows system from a USB drive, but if you don’t have one available, you can burn the ISO to a physical DVD and use an external optical drive and on 2013+ Macs, you can directly install it with the BootCamp Assistant.
- Can I install only Windows on a Mac?