How to Overclock your PC Using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
Use overclocking software carefully because it may damage your PC
- The Intel Extreme Tuning Utility can be used by experienced and non-experienced Windows users to overclock their machines.
- Overclocking is the process through which Windows users increase the frequency of their CPUs.
- Before overclocking your CPU, it is important to run a benchmark to establish its performance and understand what you need to tune.
One of the advantages of having your computer is that you can tweak it to get more performance from its hardware through different methods. One way of doing this is overclocking your computer using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU).
Even though some people might manually overclock their computers, it involves a lot of work and might consume a lot of time.
Using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is always the best option. This is because the tool does everything for you, ensuring that chances of human error are eliminated.
However, when using this tool to overclock your PC, you need to look at a variety of things. Some of them include understanding the risks of PC overclocking and minimizing them.
You should also ensure that your PC has an excellent cooling system. This is because overclocking means the CPU gets more powerful, leading to more heat generation.
What is Intel Extreme Tuning Utility?
The Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is an application used for performance tuning in Windows machines.
It can be used by experienced and non-experienced Windows users to overclock, stress, and monitor a computer.
This application comes with a beautifully designed interface with outstanding capabilities to enhance its user experience and simplify the performance tuning of computers.
What does Intel Extreme Tuning Utility do?
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is an application used for overclocking computers. Overclocking is the process through which Windows users increase the frequency of their CPUs beyond the frequency decided by the CPUs’ manufacturers.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to missing or corrupted system files and repositories of your Windows.
Be sure to use a dedicated tool, such as Fortect, which will scan and replace your broken files with their fresh versions from its repository.
When overclocking your CPU, you assume the responsibility for any instability with your computer. However, you should also be aware that the process might lead to your computer’s death.
How do I use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility?
1. Download and install Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
- Identify your Intel processor to find out if the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility model you want to install supports it.
- Visit the official download site to download the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.
- Navigate to your downloads folder and run the downloaded setup. You will find XTUSetup.exe if you downloaded the latest version of the application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application’s installation.
2. Use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
- Launch Intel XTU and run a benchmark to see the overall performance of your computer before overclocking its CPU.
- Click on the Benchmarking tab on the left-hand side menu of the application and then click on Run.
- Repeat this process several times to get an average score to help you with a clearer picture of your computer’s performance.
- Click on App-Profile Pairing to create a profile that you will use any applications of your choice with your tuned PC.
- Choose the applications you want, a profile in AC Power mode and Battery mode, and then click on the Pair button.
- Click on the Turn On button at the top to use this profile.
- To manually overclock your CPU, click the Manual Tuning on the left-hand side menu.
Which is better, ThrottleStop or Intel XTU?
The Intel XTU and ThrottleStop are among the best applications for adjusting your computer’s performance, and they work well with most computers.
However, if you are looking for an application with a good interface and graphs showing the performance of your computer, then Intel XTU is an ideal choice.
ThrottleStop is the best application for those looking for efficiency when tuning their PCs. However, before choosing either, you must ensure that you have done some benchmarks.
This helps you to see how your PC performs. It can also determine the best application for your computer.
Performance tuning is essential, especially for people who have specific applications that demand good PC performance.
As you can see, you do not have to buy a new PC for applications that need good performance. Instead, you can use applications such as the Intel XTU to overclock your PC. This ensures that its performance meets your expectations.
You may also try the apps from our best overclocking software for Intel & AMD CPU list and see which one you like better.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, use our comments section below, and we will get back to you.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.