- Overclocking your CPU is a popular way to boost its performance and prepare it for CPU-demanding activities such as gaming.
- The process is complex and requires working through advanced settings that can harm your system incorrectly.
- It would be best if you used an overclocking tool for Intel CPUs to get the best performance while ensuring the safety of the components.
Overclocking is the process of making your CPU run faster. Overclocking is perhaps the best way to make the Windows PC run faster by tuning the PC to modify the core, voltage, and memory settings. And an Intel overclocking tool comes to your aid.
Also, experts recommend overclocking testing software to ensure your PC can handle the strain. And once you are confident, find out how you can overclock the Intel CPU and the best overclocking tools.
How do I OC my Intel CPU?
Here are a few ways you can overclock the Intel CPU:
- Improve the RAM performance – Of the many components, overclocking the RAM significantly affects the PC’s performance.
- Overclock the CPU cache – Another vital component to overclock is the CPU, which amazingly boosts the computer’s performance.
- Boost the motherboard – While motherboards manufactured earlier and cheaper models don’t support overclocking, the new ones offer the option, thus allowing users to boost speed.
Some of the benefits of overclocking are:
- Boosts performance – One of the primary benefits of overclocking is improving the PC’s performance.
- Allows running resource-intensive apps – Several apps require computing power the computer might be unable to deliver, but with overclocking, you can quickly run these.
- Saves money – Overclocking saves a ton of money since users don’t have to purchase a high-end component but can get the same performance from a cheaper option.
What is the best Intel overclocking tool to use?
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU) – Best in the market
This is a simple Windows-based performance-tuning software for newbies and pros alike, especially overclocking enthusiasts.
Intel XTU helps you overclock, monitor, and stress a system with a software interface that exposes its robust capabilities standard in most platforms, plus you get special new features for net Intel application processors and Intel motherboards.
It is powerful and worth the installation, with features like real-time graphs and charts about CPU utilization, temperature, and frequency of the process.
The manual tuning tab lets you tweak your processor, graphics, voltage, and memory, and the Stress Test modules allow you exercise your CPU, memory, and graphics to determine if the system is still stable.
Also, with Intel XTU, you can perform changes and setups without restarting your computers. The software also comes with the option to save specific profiles. This is of great use if you want to keep track and reuse some overclocking settings.
The latest Intel Extreme Tuning Utility version adds support for the next-generation Intel Core processors. So, even if you own an old computer or the latest 8th or 9th-generation Intel CPU, this software can help you optimize your overclocking settings.
Other key features of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Include:
- System information tab with details about the motherboard, processor, and BIOS
- You can overclock specific controls from within the platform without the need to access the BIOS
Remember that using the Intel XTU for overclocking is not advisable unless you know what you are doing. Some risks come with overclocking, so make sure you are prepared. It is, nevertheless, one of the best overclocking software for Intel CPUs.
Intel Performance Maximizer – Offers a simple interface
Intel Performance Maximizer is meant to help users with unlocked 9th or 10th Generation Intel processors manage the performance of their devices.
The software has an advanced system analysis feature that provides recommendations regarding the optimal settings to overclock the CPU. In addition, it lets you know the safe parameters that shouldn’t be surpassed for an optimal overclocking process.
Similar to Intel XTU, Intel Performance Maximizer provides an easy-to-navigate interface, with automatic overclocking included. In addition, there is no need to access BIOS settings.
On top of that, Intel provides a step-by-step guide on how to overclock with this software. In addition, they give tips and tricks regarding safety measurements and backup suggestions.
Other key features of Intel Performance Optimizer include:
- Built-in tests
- Monitors overclocking stability
- Monitors the ability to reset
The software is free and compatible with Windows 10 64-bit RS5 or newer operating systems. In addition, it works for most Intel CPUs.
CPU-Z – Quick and seamless
CPU-Z is another CPU overclocking software that you could use with Intel. Also, it’s compatible with other CPUs, making it the perfect companion.
Though not as user-friendly and intuitive as the other options, CPU-Z is highly effective at its job. It allows overclocking of the CPU, Memory, Motherboard, and Graphics, amongst others.
Some of the key features include:
- Provides detailed information about the hardware
- Offer real-time data on each core’s frequency
- Free to use
These were some of the best Intel overclocking tools you can download on the computer. But remember, excessive overclocking can damage the components and lead to severe issues with the PC. So, be careful and tread with caution.
While at it, check the best RAM cleaners for Windows to improve the PC’s performance further.
Tell us your favorite pick from the list in the comments below.